Reference no: EM132280093
Assignment: You work for a software company has just created a new incentive for salespeople to earn a commission on each sale. The current program only allows for a fixed salary. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) has asked you to create a new program that allows the functionality for a fixed salary and commission.
Write a Java application, using NetBeans IDE, that calculates the total annual compensation of a salesperson.
Consider the following:
• A salesperson will earn a fixed salary of $30,000.
• A salesperson will also receive a commission as a sales incentive. Commission is a percentage of the salesperson's annual sales. The current commission is 7% of total sales.
• The total annual compensation is the fixed salary plus the commission earned.
The Java application should meet the following technical requirements:
• The application should have at least one class, in addition to the application's controlling class. (A controlling class is where the main function resides).
• A file needs to be created to contain the output.
• There should be proper documentation in the source code.
• The application should ask the user to enter annual sales, and it should display the total annual compensation.
Compile your Java application files into a ZIP folder.
Review the Lynda.com videos from this week if you have additional questions on creating a program in Java.