>> Term Paper
Imagery and cognitive mapping originally focused on visual and spatial relations. Reading the literature prior to the discovery of the mirror neuron system by Giacomo Rizzolatti and his colleagues, one can see that many researchers observed phenomena in humans that implied the existence of mirror neurons. Keeping in mind characteristics of mirror neurons, this assignment will ask you to consider the application of imagery and cognitive mapping as tools to enhance transfer of information from short-term to long-term memory.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Scan the section "Using Imagery to Improve Memory"in chapter 10 of the textbook. This will provide background information for this assignment.
- This assignment uses a grading rubric.
- Include two scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that addresses the application of imagery and cognitive mapping as tools to enhance transfer of information from short-term to long-term memory. Include the following in your paper:
- A description of imagery and cognitive mapping and their common applications
- A statement of how imagery and cognitive mapping might be applied to the improvement of long-term memory
- A statement regarding the role of mirror neurons with regard to imagery, cognitive mapping, and information transfer
Preview Container content
The human brain is superior to all animals, and the outcome of this statement is reflected in the current development of the technological world. Physically brain normal portion of the body but its mechanism of functioning is very complex to understand as well as to explain too. The brain plays the role of generator and modulator of almost all systems of the body, along with dealing with emotions and memory.
Memory is the form of storing experiences and learnings, either for short or for the long term. Improvement of memory means creating and organizing locations where those memories can be kept, nourished and can be recalled later whenever required. The present discussion is going to put some light on memory and complexity of the brain and its function.