SKIN CONDITIONS LIKE PSORIASIS AND ECZEMA
1. SKIN- A FASCINATING ORGAN
2. TEXTURE OF THE SKIN
3. TYPES OF SKIN
4. FACTORS INVOLVING IN SKIN DAMAGE
5. SKIN COMPLAINTS AND BLEMISHES
1. SKIN- A FASCINATING ORGAN:
-Skin plays a vital role in order to take care of our inner body. It acts as a barrier against harmful elements such as chemicals, infections; cuts, scrapes, and sunlight keep the delicate organ under near constant assault.
- It does many things like
(i) It will prevent us from getting exhausted with their body fluids,
(ii) It keeps out various infectious agents thereby preventing ourselves from infections,
(iii) Because of skin only we could feel heat, cold, pain
(iv) It always has the tendency to maintain our body temperature
(v) Moreover, it helps us to make vitamin D when sunrays pass through that.
-People used to be very much cautious in maintaining the texture of the skin. The appearance and condition of the skin, what we call the complexion, reflect a person's beauty and physical health.
- Obviously, skin shows up as a pier glass. Generally, people make form a opinion about how a particular person maintain his skin texture.
2. TEXTURE OF SKIN:
- The skin is the biggest organ in human body. If you stretched it out flat it would measure between 11 to 18 sqm and accommodate 12% in the total body weight. (refer webmd.com).
- Apparently, shape and size of the skin texture vary from individual to individual based on the factors such as location, age and also certain characteristics of the skin
3. TYPES OF SKIN:
-Generally, the skin can be categorised into 4 types. They are as follows
ü Normal skin
ü Oily skin
ü Dry skin
ü Combination skin
Normal skin: The skin bear unique tone, soothes, devoid of blemishes, patches, spots is said to be normal skin. It will be totally crystal clear like fine-texture. Undoubtedly, it will enrich our inner health too by giving fine blood circulation and there by provide us excellent health.
Oily skin: it is free from excess sebum. Furthermore, preserves water content and act as a permeable membrane where unwanted particles can easily pass through.
Dry skin: It is one of the skins conditions which is always annoying, make us uncomfortable. It can occur and affect any part of the body. It is marked by itching, cracking and scaling. It will engulf total water content of the skin. All you to do to overcome this condition are to apply moisturisers adequately and to switcher over to healthy eating.
Combination skin: Here, the sebaceous glands will over play. As a result too much of sebum will be produced. Consequently, it lose moisture level (refer Wikipedia.org).
4. FACTORS INVOLVING IN SKIN DAMAGE:
- There are three factors affecting skin beauty are UV rays, cold and dryness
- Skin will start to shrink, wrinkle and sag after exposure into UV rays in response to degeneration of collagen and elastin.
- To protect our skin from cold, as much of the body the face should be protected by clothing. If possible skin massage should be done to maintain the glow of the skin.
- The capacity to maintain moisture declines as he or she gets old. Besides moisturizing protects the skin from dryness and also prevents the skin inflammation accompanying dryness.
5. SKIN COMPLAINTS AND BLEMISHES:
- In this modern era, most of the people easily get affected by various skin problems. As a result, it will create some drastic changes in their life. Those problems include red spots, itchy rashes, skin fungal infection, skin bumps etc
- Obviously, skin disorders are quite common problem among people in all over the world.
- There are plenty number of skin diseases affect the quality of life like dry skin, psoriasis, eczema and many others.
- Fortunately, there are huge ways to keep our skin fresh, healthy.
- Skin blemishes are epidemic. It will arise from conflict, unhealthy diet and mental stress.
- Understanding the frame network, theory and logic behind this prevalent condition will help you to maintain your skin complexion and also it may useful to find an appropriate remedy.
- Let us discuss two of them affect the human body
- (A) PSORIASIS:
v It is a common skin condition which will change skin's lifecycle.
v Our skin cells will form silvery scales, scratchy, dry, red spots that may cause pain in some extent.
v The affected person will be obese and also get affected by diabetes mellitus and cardiac problems.
v Psoriasis is a long lasting disease. Hence it will take time to heal.
v A predisposition for psoriasis is inherited in genes.
v Although there are many innovative therapies including drugs, there is no fine remedy to cure at the moment.
v Sometimes due to minor level of exposure, people may not able to suspect and find out this issue. On the other hand, some may have vulnerable changes in skin texture
v Many people pinpoint exacerbate symptoms in colder climatic conditions when patches will spread all over the body.
-The word eczema originated from the Greek word "ekzein" which means to boil out it specifically denotes one specific skin condition called 'atopic dermatitis'.
- It is a skin disease where the moisture membrane gets breaks down and causes red patches on the skin.
- The actual reason of the disorder yet to be found, not fully understood. But it is thought to be triggered by the immune systems aggressive reaction towards irritants
- The symptoms include swelling, itching and red spots in skin.
- Moisturisers, hydrocortisone creams, and also other skin care products are often used for the treatment process.
- Our skin will always shows up our health. It's one of our possessions. In order to maintain the glow, switch over to healthy habits that will take care of this valuable property and protect it from deterioration, both externally and internally.
- There are certain things can be done to make our skin healthy. They are as follows:
o Clean and moisture skin daily
o Use sun screen lotion
o Have a healthy diet
o Drink plenty of water
o Finally, seek help of the physician and expert.