Preserve Electricity and Save the Entire World
We are so dependent on electricity that we overlook the damage we are doing to the world. For our comforts, we are slowly and gradually destroying the environment. You must be thinking how this is possible. Well, electricity is a type of energy. Gigantic power stations that light up our homes and industries use either water or fossil fuels. By overusing and wasting electricity, we are emitting carbon into the atmosphere. This leaves a negative impact on the environment and the world as a whole. To save the world, we need to preserve electricity. We can start off by switching off electrical appliances not on use; turning off the light when leaving the room; switching off the computer and television when we are not using them. It will save us the money and the environment too. Here are more tips to save electricity:
- Don't leave the mobile charger plugged in - when you are done with charging your mobile phone, take out the charger. Why should the charger still be plugged into the socket when not in use? You'll be surprised at how much energy it takes and how much money you will save by removing it.
- Washing Machine - if it's a bright sunny day and you are thinking about doing the laundry, hang out the clothes to dry in the sun. This uses the natural energy to dry the clothes. The dryer in the washing machine uses a lot of energy to dry the clothes, and even afterwards, the clothes are still damp.
- Air-conditioning - avoid using the air-conditioning as much as possible. It takes a lot of energy. It's better to open the windows in the morning and let the cool breeze flow through the house or flat. This will cool you better than the air-conditioning. Moreover, people who are always sitting in air-conditioning are prone to getting allergies, coughs & cold, and chest congestions.
- Cooking - you have leftovers in the refrigerator and want to have if for lunch or dinner, use the microwave. You will get the leftovers warmed up faster than on the stove, plus, it doesn't take that much energy. Whereas, it takes a lot of energy on the stove. If you don't have a microwave, then heat the food on the small burner of the stove. This takes less energy.
- Use energy saver appliances - if you are thinking of buying new electrical appliances for the house, opt for energy saver appliances. It helps save the environment. This also means that you save more money at the end of the month.
- Wear warm clothes - in winter, wear warm clothes. Do not use blowers or heaters. It takes too much energy.
- Lower the thermostat - when you have visitors, lower the thermostat. The collective body heat automatically warms up the room.
- Avoid preheating the oven - you shouldn't preheat the oven for more than ten minutes. And try not to open the door of the oven to see if the food is cooked or not. By doing so, the energy gets wasted.
- Boiling Water - if you are boiling a pot of water on the stove, use the lid. This traps the energy and helps the water to boil quickly.
- Use energy saver bulbs - energy saver bulbs are more efficient. Plus, it has a longer life than ordinary bulbs.
- Dishwasher - avoid using the dishwasher. Try to wash the dirty dishes and utensils in the sink. If you prefer the dishwasher, then buy a model that is energy efficient.
Another good tip to have the faulty electrical appliances repaired. This saves electricity. By preserving electricity, there will be less pollution. Electricity uses fossil fuel (gas, oil and coal). It takes thousands and thousands of years for fossil fuels to be formed.And it emits a lot of carbon into the atmosphere. This leaves a bad impact. It warms up the planet and leaves a high presence of sulphur dioxide, methane and carbon dioxide. When preserve electricity, we preserve the natural resources and reduce the carbon footprint. We save money and engage in a more active lifestyle. When we preserve the electricity, we are making the world a better and safer place for the future generations. There are other alternatives to electricity such as solar power. Nowadays, there are solar panels available. You can keep it in the sun throughout the day and plug it into the socket at night. Electricity will be generated. Wind and wave power are also used to generate electricity. Save electricity and save money.