Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Phylum Coelenterata, Characters and Classification, Classification of Animals
Zoology Assignment Help
>> Phylum Coelenterata
They are first true metazoans to reach the tissue grade of organisation.
Definition: They are sedentary or free swimming radially symmetrical, low and definite tissue grade of organisation, diploblastic with non-cellular mesoglea. They possess cnidocil (spine of nematocyst) and enteron or the gastro¬vascular cavity with a single large opening osculum.
Phylum Coelenterata General Characters-
1. Tissue grade system: Low grade.
2. Habit and habitat: Exclusively aquatic, mostly marine few fresh water. Solitary or colonial and sedentary or free living.
3. Symmetry: Radial symmetry.
4. Tentacles encircle the mouth.
5. Body wall: Diploblastic and non¬-cellular intermediate supporting layer known as mesoglea.
6. Characteristic interstitial cells and nematocyst: Nematocyst serves for stinging, adhesive, offence and defence and food capture.
7. Gastro-vascular cavity: Lined with endoderm called coelenteron.
8. Digestion: Extracellular.
9. Skeleton: External or internal lining or in the form of sclerites or as continuous mass.
10. Locomotion: Due to smooth muscle fibrils in the epithelial cells.
11. Nervous system: Primitive made up of diffused network of nerve cells and neurites in the body wall.
12. Body structure: Two types-polyp and medusa. Many species are provided with the phenomenon of alternation of generation.
13. Reproduction: Asexual by budding and sexual by ova and sperms. Cleavage holoblastic.
14. Development, Indirect with stereogastrula know as planula.
Classification-Includes 10,000 known species. Classified mainly into three classes-
Class 1-Hydrozoa e.g. hydra, obelia, physalia.
Class 2-Scyphozoa e.g. aurelia, cassiopeia.
Class 3-Anthozoa e.g. pennetula, alcyonium, metridium.
Live Zoology Experts: Phylum Coelenterata Animals, Classification of Animals, Zoology Assignment Help
zoology assignment help
, classification of animals case study and theory homework help and coursework writing assignment help with quality of answers. We provide case study of Phylum Coelenterata, Phylum Coelenterata characters, Phylum Coelenterata classification and writing assignments related to topics. Our zoology experts are highly qualified and experienced and they have ability to solve complex problems within very short time. Get solved Phylum Coelenterata classification and characters problems from live online experts at
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.