The management provides informal feedback of evaluation only at the final stage. As such, no structured method is adopted. Supervisor is the direct interface and his/her office takes care of other information. Organisational health surveys are conducted to gauge the employee's perception.
Reward and compensation are directly linked to performance. The utility may use some of the following measures for motivating its employee:
- Performance Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- Sales Incentive
- Personal Improvement
- Self-esteem and Recognition
- Stretch Assignments
How does the Performance Management System Improve the Organizational Climate?
- Clarity: making it clear what is expected of people.
- Standards: encouraging people to meet and expected challenging goals
- Rewards: linking rewards and recognition more directly to performance.
- Responsibility: encouraging staff to take responsibility for what they do.
- Flexibility: encouraging staff to expand their job, innovate.
- Team commitment: encouraging people to work cooperatively.