Under this provision, the EC Act focuses on energy policy issues of energy efficiency improvement in the organized sectors like as energy intensive industries and commercial sector by forming of energy management system, capacity building of energy professionals, implementation of energy audits, establishment of specific energy consumption norms and support to consumers on giving information on authentic energy data.
Schedule to EC Act provides a list of 15 energy intensive industries and other establishments to be notified as designated consumers (DC) who will
- designate or appoint energy managers;
- get energy audits conducted through accredited energy auditors;
- implement techno-economically viable recommendations;
- comply along with norms fixed for specific energy consumption; and
- submit reports on steps taken.