Wind power is one of most cheapest renewable energy sources today. Wind turbines convert the power of wind into electrical energy. Wind occurs due to two factors.
1. Heating and cooling of the atmosphere generates convection currents and thus generate wind.
2. The rotation of the earth on its own axis and its motion around the sun disturb the flow of air. This results in wind.
The wind turbines consist of blades radiating from its central axis. When wind blows against blades it starts rotating about its axis. This rotational movement is utilized for production of production of electrical energy by connecting wing turbine to an electric generator.
1. It is renewable source of energy.
2. It is very clean energy and do not cause any type of pollution.
3. It is very cheap.
4. it's operation and maintenance cost is very low.
1. Wind energy is very fluctuating in nature.
2. Wind turbines are very noisy.
3. It produces aesthetic impact and sometimes birds also get killed by flying into rotor.
4. Wind towers and turbines are subject to damage from high winds and lightning.