After their first arrival, the telephone, email, fax, mobile phone and the internet were rapidly accepted in business contacts and for doing business transactions, creating fresh channels to do business. These channels can be taken separately and frequently are treated individually. However the Multi Channel Marketing philosophy is meant at administrating all contact procedures between customers and channel participants throughout all phases of the relation by combining two or more marketing channels which are strengthening each other.
Types of Communications Channels exist
Communication Channels can be classified and utilized by businesses along the subsequent dimensions:
1. One-to-many (radio, television, magazines, newspapers) versus one-to-one communication (direct sales, service employees). Websites, letters, email, and telephone are anywhere in the middle.
2. Social versus instrumental communication (aimed at effectiveness)
3. Impersonal vs. face to face communication
4. Interactive (internet) vs. non-interactive communication (passive)
5. One sense (radio, magazines) vs. multiple senses communication (direct sales, virtual reality)
6. Traditional (tempting to older, conservative people) vs. new technology communication (tempting to young people)
Process in Multi Channel Marketing
A variety of channels can be preferable in diverse stages of the customer relation or sales cycle
Advising or Consulting
Benefits of Multi Channel Marketing
1. Improved efficiency and decreased costs by using the strengths of every channel in an best possible way.
2. Enhanced market coverage and customer reach.