1. What are an operations manager's responsibilities?
Answer: They design the operation; they plan and control activities by:
1. Developing an operations strategy
2. Understanding and translating the operations strategy into objectives and performance measures
3. Designing the organisation: jobs; operations: activities and processes
4. Designing the operations outputs: products and services
5. Setting organisational standards and measurements
6. Managing capacity and planning and controlling operations
7. Improving the performance and productivity of the operation.