Journal of how you came to AUB
There are three types of users - you as the administrator and owner of the application, guests who can only view your journey and registered visitors who can make comments.
As well as the main application heading and information about the current user at the top right, the owner is presented with a text area with the caption ‘How did I arrive here?' and an Update and Clear button. Note that as the user types the number of characters left out of 160 is displayed. A visitor is presented with a text area with the caption ‘Any comments?'.
Requirements from assignment 1
- When the Update button is clicked the following occurs:
1. The user name is added to the message text typed by the user
2. A time stamp is added after the message text
3. A photo is added at the left
4. Any URLs are made into hyperlinks
5. The combined photo and text, formatted suitably, is prepended to the list of previous messages below the input area, i.e. the most recent item is at the top of the places visited.
6. The message box is cleared to allow further user input.
- When the Clear button is clicked the text area is cleared.
New requirements to be added for assignment 2
1. Allow users to register themselves - the password cannot be blank. You will need to manually create your users XML file
2. All your journey data is to be saved on the server. You will need to manually create a sample of your journey.
4. Allow a registered user who has logged in to add, delete or modify only their comments.
5. Use one or more XML files to record registered users and passwords as well as your journey and comments. These are manually created in 1& 2 above
In the assignment demonstration:
1..Your web site must be resident on your VM.
2. You must run Firefox on your VM (or a browser of your choice).