Types of Transactions in COM + .NET
There are 5 types of transactions that can be used with COM+. An object is whenever registered with the COM+ it has to abide either to any of these 5 transaction types.
1) Disabled: - In this there is no transaction. COM+ does not provide any transaction support for this component.
2) Not Supported: - In this component does not support transactions. Therefore even if the calling component, in the hierarchy is transaction enabled, then this component will not participate in any of the transaction.
3) Supported: - In this components with transaction type support will be a part of the transaction. This will be done only if the calling component has an active transaction. If calling component is not transaction enabled then this component will not start a new transaction.
4) Required: - In this Components with this attribute need a transaction that is either the calling should have a transaction in place else this component will start a new transaction.
5) Required New: - In this Components enabled with this transaction type always need a new transaction. The Components with the requirement of new transaction type instantiate a new transaction for themselves every time.