This work assesses the following Outcomes:
• Build robust, secure distributed systems using advanced programming techniques Use RMI to build a distributed application accessing a secure database. Distributed code will need a security manager.
• Develop flexible data-aware applications using Database Connectivity standards such as JDBC Use JDBC to access a remote database on a central server, and will format this output on its return
• Utilise distributed application interfaces such as RMI RMI to be used.
• Apply design patterns to develop high- quality object-oriented software systems and generate high-quality applications by applying design patterns What design patterns have been used?
• Improve software organisation and maintainability using patterns and refactoring