Uses of Work Sampling Techniques:1.To estimate the percentage of a protracted time period consumed by various activity states of a resources such as equipment machines or operators.
2. To determine the allowances for inclusion in standard times.
3. To indicate the nature of the distribution of work activities within a gang operation.
4. To estimate the percentage of utilization of groups of similar machines or equipment.
5. To indicate how material handling equipments are being used.
6. To provide a bases for indirect labor time standards.
7. To determine the productive and non productive utilization of clerical operations.
8. To determine the standard time for repetitive operation as an alternative to the stop watch method.