How many types of validation controls are provided by ASP.NET
The six main types of validation controls are as follows:-
1) Required Field Validator: This validator checks whether the control have any value . It is used when you want that the control should not be empty.
2) Range Validator: This validator checks if the value in validated control is in that specific range. For example the TxtCustomerCode should not be more than eight in length.
3) Compare Validator: This validator checks that the value in controls should match the value in other control. Example the Textbox TxtPie should be equal to 3.14.
4) Regular Expression Validator: Whenever we want that the control value should match with a specific regular expression.
5) Custom Validator: This validator is used to define the UserDefined validation.
6) Validation Summary : This validator displays summary of all current validation errors.