Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Line balancing, Operation Management
What do you understand by “line balancing”? What happens if balance doesn’t exist?n..
Posted Date: 2/10/2013 11:14:04 PM | Location : USA
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:10:38 AM
Line balancing, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Line balancing, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Line balancing Discussions
Write discussion on Line balancing
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Define how this influence of culture can effect organization, The Japanese ...
The Japanese firm Matsushita has a business philosophy from the strong founder Konosuke. This business philosophy was codified as the "Seven Spiritual Values" of Matsushita that al
Explain the concept of the quality of assurance system, Q. Explain the conc...
Q. Explain the concept of the quality of assurance system? Quality assurance is a systematic and planned action to give adequate confidence which a product or item conforms to
Explain create a rfp for a bpo in a factious organization, Create a RFP for...
Create a RFP for a BPO in a factious organization and explain why you would use different parts. Defend you choices to the executive team tasked with the outsourcing project.
Explain what quantity should these cookies be produced, Father's Cookies pr...
Father's Cookies produces chocolate-chip cookies in a large oven that holds up to 2,000 pounds of cookies at a time. Annual demand is constant at 200,000 pounds; variable cost is $
Explain what is job evaluation, 1) What is job evaluation? What method(s) o...
1) What is job evaluation? What method(s) of job position evaluation does employer use? Explain why. (Remember, "Job Evaluation" is not the same as "Performance Evaluation.") 2) Wh
Define service and manufacturing organizations, Identify and discuss five d...
Identify and discuss five differences between service and manufacturing organizations.
Describe analyze the elements of a typical scope statement, Analyze the ele...
Analyze the elements of a typical scope statement and the significance of each element. As a project leader, determine how you would communicate the scope of a project to the proje
Explain what is organizational culture, 1. What are personality traits? Def...
1. What are personality traits? Define and discuss the Big Five personality traits. Define and discuss other personality traits that affect managerial behaviour. 2. Explain Rike
Explain what are the schedule and cost variances, I need to find the schedu...
I need to find the schedule and cost variances for a project Actual cost at month 16 = $540,000 Scheduled cost = $523,000 Earned value = $535,000 Provided this information,
How might the imposition of a quota on cell phones impact, Nokia Corporatio...
Nokia Corporation, headquartered in Finland, is a world leader in the cell phone industry. Because much of Finland is heavily forested and sparsely populated, it is difficult and e
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.