Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Assignment, Corporate Finance
5. Produce a cash budget and determine the statement of external financing required for NSP Inc. for the months of December and January using the following information:
• NSP Inc. had sales in prior months as follows: August $150M, September $250M, October $300M, November $200M
o Due to the Holiday shopping season, it is anticipated that sales in December will increase by 100% month-over-month and in January they will decline by 75% month-over-month.
• The firm has two main types of customers:
o Retail customers are offered 30 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 25% pay in cash, 50% pay in one month, 15% pay in two months, 7% pay in three months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o Commercial customers are offered 90 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 5% in cash, 5% in one month, 5% in two months, 70% in three months, 14% in four months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o On average, the firm’s sales are made up of 35% retail customers and 65% commercial customers.
• The firm owns shares in ABC Inc. and bonds of XYZ Inc. The shares will pay a dividend of $50M in January and the bonds will make an interest payment of $20M in December.
• The firm’s COGS is 80% of sales. Suppliers typically offer the firm 30 day terms, and the firm typically pays as follows: 10% in cash, 85% in one month, and the remainder in two months.
• The firm’s fixed expenses, excluding salaries, are $20M a month.
• Salaries are largely variable, with gross salaries equaling 2% of monthly sales plus a fixed component of $1M. Salaries are paid a month in arrears (that is, with a month’s delay).
• The firm has debt outstanding. The debt has a total face value of $100M and is currently priced at $955 per bond. The debt has quarterly interest payments, a coupon rate of 8% and a yield to maturity of 6%. The next interest payment is due in January.
• The firm also plans to issue new shares in December. The shares are currently trading at $25M in the marketplace and the firm has 15M shares currently outstanding. They will increase the number of shares outstanding by 10% with the December issuance.
• The firm currently has a cash balance of $50M. It wishes to increase this balance to $75M in December and to maintain this as a minimum cash cushion in the future. If the firm has cash in excess of this amount, it will use it to pay down its line of credit.
6. Pavilion Inc. uses 20,000 units of inventory per year. Each order of inventory costs the firm $250 and the carrying cost associated with the inventory is $1.25 per unit.
i. What is the total inventory cost if the firm only purchases inventory once per year? [3 points]
ii. What is the total inventory cost if the firm purchases inventory every week? [3 points]
iii. What is the economic order quantity? [5 points]
7. You are considering purchasing a new computer for $2,000. You have done some research and have found four potential stores to purchase your computer from. Each offers you different payment terms, as outlined below. Where discount offers you the lowest effective annual interest rate?
i. Futureshop: 1.5/10 net 20 [3 points]
ii. Staples: 2/15 net 20 [3 points]
iii. Costco: 1.5/10 net 30 [3 points]
iv. Walmart: 2.5/5 net 45 [3 points]
Posted Date: 11/27/2012 1:49:40 AM | Location : Canada
Ask an Expert
Assignment, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Assignment, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Assignment Discussions
Write discussion on Assignment
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Cost accounting, As What is the major value of the weighted cost of capital...
As What is the major value of the weighted cost of capital calculation for the firm?k question #Minimum 100 words accepted#
#dividend policy, #the managing directors of three profitable listed compan...
#the managing directors of three profitable listed companies discussed their company''''s dividend policies. company A has deliberately paid no dividends for the past five years. c
Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, What is the industry average price-earni...
What is the industry average price-earnings ratio? What is the price-earnings ratio for Ragan, Inc.? Is this the relationship you would expect between the two ratios?
Factors affecting capital sturcture, project work on factor affecting capit...
project work on factor affecting capital structure.
Merger, The Chocolate ice cream company and the vanilla ice cream company h...
The Chocolate ice cream company and the vanilla ice cream company have agreed to merge and form Fudge Swirl Consolidated.Both companies are exactly alike that are located in differ
Mergers & Acquisitins, Relationship between the size of companies and the r...
Relationship between the size of companies and the role of M & A
Illustrate a stakeholder mapping matrix, Many strategic decisions fail be...
Many strategic decisions fail because they do not attend to the interests and information held by key stakeholders. This scenario has prompted a stakeholder's approach to cor
Bond valuation, An investor buys a French government, 10-year bond, paying ...
An investor buys a French government, 10-year bond, paying annual coupon of 4.5%. Face value = 1000. The investor is unsure of his investment horizon and considers 5 horizons: 5, 6
Pearson quiz and assignment, I would like to know if I can get some help co...
I would like to know if I can get some help completing my quiz for my finance class. The quiz consist of 10 questions
Trible bottom Line Assignment, I''m studying Accounting course, but English...
I''m studying Accounting course, but English is my second lauguage, it''s vey hard for me to do this, and time is runing out. would you help me with an assignment about the Trible
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.