Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Assignment, Corporate Finance
5. Produce a cash budget and determine the statement of external financing required for NSP Inc. for the months of December and January using the following information:
• NSP Inc. had sales in prior months as follows: August $150M, September $250M, October $300M, November $200M
o Due to the Holiday shopping season, it is anticipated that sales in December will increase by 100% month-over-month and in January they will decline by 75% month-over-month.
• The firm has two main types of customers:
o Retail customers are offered 30 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 25% pay in cash, 50% pay in one month, 15% pay in two months, 7% pay in three months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o Commercial customers are offered 90 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 5% in cash, 5% in one month, 5% in two months, 70% in three months, 14% in four months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o On average, the firm’s sales are made up of 35% retail customers and 65% commercial customers.
• The firm owns shares in ABC Inc. and bonds of XYZ Inc. The shares will pay a dividend of $50M in January and the bonds will make an interest payment of $20M in December.
• The firm’s COGS is 80% of sales. Suppliers typically offer the firm 30 day terms, and the firm typically pays as follows: 10% in cash, 85% in one month, and the remainder in two months.
• The firm’s fixed expenses, excluding salaries, are $20M a month.
• Salaries are largely variable, with gross salaries equaling 2% of monthly sales plus a fixed component of $1M. Salaries are paid a month in arrears (that is, with a month’s delay).
• The firm has debt outstanding. The debt has a total face value of $100M and is currently priced at $955 per bond. The debt has quarterly interest payments, a coupon rate of 8% and a yield to maturity of 6%. The next interest payment is due in January.
• The firm also plans to issue new shares in December. The shares are currently trading at $25M in the marketplace and the firm has 15M shares currently outstanding. They will increase the number of shares outstanding by 10% with the December issuance.
• The firm currently has a cash balance of $50M. It wishes to increase this balance to $75M in December and to maintain this as a minimum cash cushion in the future. If the firm has cash in excess of this amount, it will use it to pay down its line of credit.
6. Pavilion Inc. uses 20,000 units of inventory per year. Each order of inventory costs the firm $250 and the carrying cost associated with the inventory is $1.25 per unit.
i. What is the total inventory cost if the firm only purchases inventory once per year? [3 points]
ii. What is the total inventory cost if the firm purchases inventory every week? [3 points]
iii. What is the economic order quantity? [5 points]
7. You are considering purchasing a new computer for $2,000. You have done some research and have found four potential stores to purchase your computer from. Each offers you different payment terms, as outlined below. Where discount offers you the lowest effective annual interest rate?
i. Futureshop: 1.5/10 net 20 [3 points]
ii. Staples: 2/15 net 20 [3 points]
iii. Costco: 1.5/10 net 30 [3 points]
iv. Walmart: 2.5/5 net 45 [3 points]
Posted Date: 11/27/2012 1:49:40 AM | Location : Canada
Ask an Expert
Assignment, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Assignment, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Assignment Discussions
Write discussion on Assignment
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Case study, Hallo I have to prepare a case study in cooperate finance. It i...
Hallo I have to prepare a case study in cooperate finance. It is a balance sheet and different adjustments. I would need your help to reflect my results. Is this possible?
Analytical derivation of the capital asset pricing model, Question: a) ...
Question: a) Provide an analytical derivation of the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) and supplement your analysis with diagrammatic illustrations where appropriate. b) T
Determine the current value of the bond, QUESTION Assume Venture Health...
QUESTION Assume Venture Healthcare sold bonds that a 10 year maturity, a 12% coupon rate with annual payments, and a $1,000 par value. a. Suppose that two years after the bo
., the rationale for corporate governance
the rationale for corporate governance
Risk, Risk means balancing between profitability and long-term growth. If a...
Risk means balancing between profitability and long-term growth. If a company looks at short-term goals, it may go in for profit maximization but it will find it difficult to susta
Types of fixed income securities, Question: i) Compare and contr...
Question: i) Compare and contrast the various types of fixed income securities. ii) ‘A new issue of callable bonds will generally carry a higher interest rate
Risk aversion and the equity risk premium, Risk Aversion and the Equity Ris...
Risk Aversion and the Equity Risk Premium Case Study On the advice of some of its wealthiest alumni, College has borrowed £15m on a 40-year inflation- linked loan. One year
Find the total value - debt and assets ratio, Kodak Corporation has debt/as...
Kodak Corporation has debt/assets ratio of .3, its cost of debt is 9% and that of equity 13%. The tax rate of Kodak is 30%. The company is not growing, has a dividend payout ratio
Public financial management, You are planning to open a homeless shelter ca...
You are planning to open a homeless shelter called Helping Hands Mission Inc. in fiscal year (FY) 2011. You expect to have 60 beds and to operate at full capacity throughout the ye
Determine the tax loss on the sale, Jackson Corporation prepared the follow...
Jackson Corporation prepared the following book income statement for its year ended December 31, 2011: Sales
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.