Get quote & make Payment
Assignment, Corporate Finance
5. Produce a cash budget and determine the statement of external financing required for NSP Inc. for the months of December and January using the following information:
• NSP Inc. had sales in prior months as follows: August $150M, September $250M, October $300M, November $200M
o Due to the Holiday shopping season, it is anticipated that sales in December will increase by 100% month-over-month and in January they will decline by 75% month-over-month.
• The firm has two main types of customers:
o Retail customers are offered 30 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 25% pay in cash, 50% pay in one month, 15% pay in two months, 7% pay in three months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o Commercial customers are offered 90 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 5% in cash, 5% in one month, 5% in two months, 70% in three months, 14% in four months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o On average, the firm’s sales are made up of 35% retail customers and 65% commercial customers.
• The firm owns shares in ABC Inc. and bonds of XYZ Inc. The shares will pay a dividend of $50M in January and the bonds will make an interest payment of $20M in December.
• The firm’s COGS is 80% of sales. Suppliers typically offer the firm 30 day terms, and the firm typically pays as follows: 10% in cash, 85% in one month, and the remainder in two months.
• The firm’s fixed expenses, excluding salaries, are $20M a month.
• Salaries are largely variable, with gross salaries equaling 2% of monthly sales plus a fixed component of $1M. Salaries are paid a month in arrears (that is, with a month’s delay).
• The firm has debt outstanding. The debt has a total face value of $100M and is currently priced at $955 per bond. The debt has quarterly interest payments, a coupon rate of 8% and a yield to maturity of 6%. The next interest payment is due in January.
• The firm also plans to issue new shares in December. The shares are currently trading at $25M in the marketplace and the firm has 15M shares currently outstanding. They will increase the number of shares outstanding by 10% with the December issuance.
• The firm currently has a cash balance of $50M. It wishes to increase this balance to $75M in December and to maintain this as a minimum cash cushion in the future. If the firm has cash in excess of this amount, it will use it to pay down its line of credit.
6. Pavilion Inc. uses 20,000 units of inventory per year. Each order of inventory costs the firm $250 and the carrying cost associated with the inventory is $1.25 per unit.
i. What is the total inventory cost if the firm only purchases inventory once per year? [3 points]
ii. What is the total inventory cost if the firm purchases inventory every week? [3 points]
iii. What is the economic order quantity? [5 points]
7. You are considering purchasing a new computer for $2,000. You have done some research and have found four potential stores to purchase your computer from. Each offers you different payment terms, as outlined below. Where discount offers you the lowest effective annual interest rate?
i. Futureshop: 1.5/10 net 20 [3 points]
ii. Staples: 2/15 net 20 [3 points]
iii. Costco: 1.5/10 net 30 [3 points]
iv. Walmart: 2.5/5 net 45 [3 points]
Posted Date: 11/27/2012 1:49:40 AM | Location : Canada
Ask an Expert
Assignment, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Assignment, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Assignment Discussions
Write discussion on Assignment
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Core principles for effective banking supervision, Question: a) The ne...
Question: a) The new capital management framework provides an upgrade of the old version in terms of new risk management techniques. What is the scope of application for the n
Case study, Hallo I have to prepare a case study in cooperate finance. It i...
Hallo I have to prepare a case study in cooperate finance. It is a balance sheet and different adjustments. I would need your help to reflect my results. Is this possible?
OWNERSHIP, YOU company has decided to acquire a piece of equipment and is c...
YOU company has decided to acquire a piece of equipment and is consi or leasing the asset that you plan to use for 4 years. you have the following: Purchase price:$10million Deperc
Mmtheory, the departure from Modigliani-Miller proposition using the agency...
the departure from Modigliani-Miller proposition using the agency cost and information asymmetry theory of capital structure
Free cash flow, Hi, I''m looking for a tuttor that can help analysing free ...
Hi, I''m looking for a tuttor that can help analysing free Cash flow for a Company - for an exam I''m preparing for.
What is the repo rate, Problem: (a) What are the main functions of the...
Problem: (a) What are the main functions of the Bank of Mauritius? Give short comments on each function. (b) The Repo rate is an instrument of monetary policy for the Bank
Abu dhabi investment council - adic, ADIC is a sovereign wealth fund posses...
ADIC is a sovereign wealth fund possessed by Abu Dhabi which is the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is completely owned and managed by the UAE. The Abu Dhabi Investme
Describe the mechanism of an interest rate swap, Question 1: Participan...
Question 1: Participants in a recent radio discussion on the WTO were full of ideas. The WTO could do this, the WTO should do that, they said. One of them finally interjected:
Net present value, Based on its Net Present Value (NPV), should the followi...
Based on its Net Present Value (NPV), should the following project be accepted? Please assume a discount rate of 10%.
How banks have contributed to outbreak of financial crisis, Question: 1...
Question: 1929/ 2009: a remake of the worst financial crisis affecting the whole world? Central Banks and Governments are implementing all sorts of rescue plans incorporatin
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.