Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Assignment, Corporate Finance
5. Produce a cash budget and determine the statement of external financing required for NSP Inc. for the months of December and January using the following information:
• NSP Inc. had sales in prior months as follows: August $150M, September $250M, October $300M, November $200M
o Due to the Holiday shopping season, it is anticipated that sales in December will increase by 100% month-over-month and in January they will decline by 75% month-over-month.
• The firm has two main types of customers:
o Retail customers are offered 30 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 25% pay in cash, 50% pay in one month, 15% pay in two months, 7% pay in three months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o Commercial customers are offered 90 day terms. They typically pay as follows: 5% in cash, 5% in one month, 5% in two months, 70% in three months, 14% in four months, and the remainder is written off as bad debt.
o On average, the firm’s sales are made up of 35% retail customers and 65% commercial customers.
• The firm owns shares in ABC Inc. and bonds of XYZ Inc. The shares will pay a dividend of $50M in January and the bonds will make an interest payment of $20M in December.
• The firm’s COGS is 80% of sales. Suppliers typically offer the firm 30 day terms, and the firm typically pays as follows: 10% in cash, 85% in one month, and the remainder in two months.
• The firm’s fixed expenses, excluding salaries, are $20M a month.
• Salaries are largely variable, with gross salaries equaling 2% of monthly sales plus a fixed component of $1M. Salaries are paid a month in arrears (that is, with a month’s delay).
• The firm has debt outstanding. The debt has a total face value of $100M and is currently priced at $955 per bond. The debt has quarterly interest payments, a coupon rate of 8% and a yield to maturity of 6%. The next interest payment is due in January.
• The firm also plans to issue new shares in December. The shares are currently trading at $25M in the marketplace and the firm has 15M shares currently outstanding. They will increase the number of shares outstanding by 10% with the December issuance.
• The firm currently has a cash balance of $50M. It wishes to increase this balance to $75M in December and to maintain this as a minimum cash cushion in the future. If the firm has cash in excess of this amount, it will use it to pay down its line of credit.
6. Pavilion Inc. uses 20,000 units of inventory per year. Each order of inventory costs the firm $250 and the carrying cost associated with the inventory is $1.25 per unit.
i. What is the total inventory cost if the firm only purchases inventory once per year? [3 points]
ii. What is the total inventory cost if the firm purchases inventory every week? [3 points]
iii. What is the economic order quantity? [5 points]
7. You are considering purchasing a new computer for $2,000. You have done some research and have found four potential stores to purchase your computer from. Each offers you different payment terms, as outlined below. Where discount offers you the lowest effective annual interest rate?
i. Futureshop: 1.5/10 net 20 [3 points]
ii. Staples: 2/15 net 20 [3 points]
iii. Costco: 1.5/10 net 30 [3 points]
iv. Walmart: 2.5/5 net 45 [3 points]
Posted Date: 11/27/2012 1:49:40 AM | Location : Canada
Ask an Expert
Assignment, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Assignment, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Assignment Discussions
Write discussion on Assignment
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Determine current stock price, Determine current stock price: 1) IBM ...
Determine current stock price: 1) IBM issued 10-year bonds with a par value of $1,000 and a coupon rate of 10%, paid semiannually. The yield to maturity on this bond is 12%.
New value of the equity, GeKay is now considering issuing $3 million in deb...
GeKay is now considering issuing $3 million in debt, and paying $150,000 yearly in interest at 5%, that it would keep rolling over "forever" (in perpetuity). The proceeds would
Dividend policy, the managing directors of three profitable listed companie...
the managing directors of three profitable listed companies discussed their company''s dividend policies. company A has deliberately paid no dividends for the past five years. comp
INVESTMENT DECISION, You are a ceo of a sotware firm that has limited acces...
You are a ceo of a sotware firm that has limited access to debt equity markets. The average return on last year projects is 28 % . and cost of capital is 12%. would npv pr Irr be
Corporate governace code, Banefit using corporate gavenance in company
Banefit using corporate gavenance in company
Describe the different types of exchange rate risks, a) Describe the diffe...
a) Describe the different types of exchange rate risks, using appropriate numerical examples. b) ‘Transaction exposure will equally be managed externally by a forward hedge or
1.identify a limited liability company listed in the, Introduction to the c...
Introduction to the company and its business 2. From the information given in the financial statements, calculate the company’s operating and financial leverage. 3. Obtain the info
Financial, Initial investment outlay of $30 million, consisting of $25 mill...
Initial investment outlay of $30 million, consisting of $25 million for equipment and $5 million for net working capital (NWC) (plastic substrate and ink inventory); NWC recoverabl
Replacement decision, Baobab rolling mills owns a lathe machine which was p...
Baobab rolling mills owns a lathe machine which was purchased 10years ago at sh. 75 million. The machine had an expected life of 15 yrs at the time it was purchased, and management
Examine the communication strategies that ncc may adopt, Question: The ...
Question: The National Coach Company (NCC), where you work as Marketing Manager, has agreed on a market development strategy. A key objective is to encourage 40% of car drivers
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.