Terms related to stream engine:
STEAM ENGINE MAIN PARTS:
1. Frame: It supports the various moving parts.
2. Cylinder: It forms a chamber in which the piston moves to and fro.
3. Steam Chest: Integrally casted with cylinder and is closed with a cover.
4. Piston: It is a cylindrical part which reciprocates to and fro in the cylinder under the action of steam pressure.
5. Piston Rod: It connects the piston with cross head and is made of mild steel.
6. Cross Head: Fixed between connecting rod and piston rod. The cross head slides between guide bars.