1. Referring to the figure, in which category would you place: a chemist shop; Burger King; Direct Line Insurance; Cable Vision; Motorola; a chiropodist; QVC television; Smith-Kline Beecham. Why is system classification beneficial for operations managers?
1. A chemist shop - mass service
2. Burger king - service factory
3. Direct line insurance - service factory
4. Cable vision - service factory
5. Motorola - mass production (discrete)
6. A chiropodist - professional services
7. Qvc television - service factory
8. Smith-kline beecham.- mass/continuous manufacturing
Why is system classification beneficial for operations managers? It allows us to know which are the most/least important variables for the operation and compare its characteristics with others.