Subjective probability, Mathematics

Subjective Probability

Probability may be determined by a personal statement of how likely an outcome is in a single trial or repetition of the same experiment.

Since subjective probabilities are based on personal judgement, they are peculiar to the individual making the decision. The probability statement depends upon the individual's experience and his familiarity with the facts of the case. Two decision makers with the same amount of information would make different subjective probability estimates of the occurrence of a particular event.

Example 

An expert analyst of share prices may give his judgement that the price of ACC shares has a 20% probability of increase i.e., by Rs.500 or more in the next two months, a 60% probability of increase i.e., by less than Rs.500 in the next two months and a 20% probability of remaining unchanged or registering a slight fall.

 

Posted Date: 9/14/2012 4:16:31 AM | Location : United States







Related Discussions:- Subjective probability, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Subjective probability, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Subjective probability Discussions

Write discussion on Subjective probability
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
I want to send to you a file for my question.How. Could you please send my a link for that.

Simultaneous equations by substitution: Solve the subsequent simultaneous equations by substitution. 3x + 4y = 6      5x + 3y = -1 Solution: Solve for x: 3x = 6

Solve the linear equation: The equation relating the pressure that is denoted by P, to the force, F & the area, A, over which the force is applied is P =F/A.  Solve this equat

Find models of energy production and energy usage from 2 different countries, each on a different continent, which predict future energy production and demands. How was data collec

What is Deductive Reasoning ? Geometry is based on a deductive structure -- a system of thought in which conclusions are justified by means of previously assumed or proved sta

help me with how to write sample of proportion using visual basic

Pepsi:               A dummy variable where 1 denotes choice of Pepsi by the i-th customer and 0 otherwise Price_P:           The price of a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi at the time


1. a) Find the shortest paths from r to all other nodes in the digraph G=(V,E) shown below using the Bellman-Ford algorithm (as taught in class).  Please show your work, and draw t

Water in a canal 30 dm wide and 12 dm deep is flowing with a velocity of 10 km/h. How much area will it irrigate in 30 minutes if 8 cm of standing water is required for irrigation?