You are interested in purchasing a new minor league baseball franchise. The franchise will be located in your area. To reduce the risk in your decision making, you have requested that a sports marketing firm submit a detailed research proposal. The following questions pertain to this issue:
1. What is the broad problem/opportunity facing you in this decision? Write the research objectives based on the problem formulation.
2. What type of research design type do you recommend?
3. The sports marketing firm has submitted the following preliminary questionnaire. Please provide a detailed critique of their work.
Age: ________ Gender: ________
Are you likely to go to a baseball game at the new stadium?
Yes ____ No ____
How many minor league games did you go to last year?
0-3 ____ 4-6 ____ 6-9 ____ 10+ ____
What types of promos would you like to see?
Beer Night ______ Straight-A Night ______ Polka Night ______
4. Now that you have looked at their survey, create a questionnaire of your own. Would any other data collection techniques be appropriate, given the research problem?
5. What sampling technique(s) do you recommend? How is the correct sample size determined? Given your choice of sampling technique?