1. It is a white greyish metal.
2. It has a good tensile strength.
3. It is one of the most stable metals under combined action of corrosion and electrical erosion.
4. It does not corrode under most adverse atmospheric condition.
5. It can be easily drawn into wires.
Uses: Platinum finds application as a heating element in laboratory ovens and furnaces. Platinum-rhodium thermocouple is used for measurement of temperatures up to 16000C. It is also used as electrical contact material and as material for grids in special purpose vacuum tubes.