Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Ratios, the ratio of boys to girls in the sixth grade is 2:3 if there are ...
the ratio of boys to girls in the sixth grade is 2:3 if there are 24 boys, how many are girls?
People fit, How many people ca fi in a small cars without seats?
How many people ca fi in a small cars without seats?
Arithmetico geometric progression, find the sum of the following series upt...
find the sum of the following series upto n terms: 1*2+2*4+3*8+4*16+.....
Riddles, I am a number yell my identity subtract 20 from me and add 30 make...
I am a number yell my identity subtract 20 from me and add 30 make the total twice to reach century you still need eight
Rules of game theory, Rules Of Game Theory i. The number of competito...
Rules Of Game Theory i. The number of competitors is finite ii. There is conflict of interests among the participants iii. Each of these participants has available t
Numerical method, find the newton raphson iterative formula for a reciproca...
find the newton raphson iterative formula for a reciprocal of a number N and hence find the value of 1/23
Linearly independent, condition for linearly independent
condition for linearly independent
Which state sold corsica to france in 1768, By which of those ancient civil...
By which of those ancient civilizations was Machu Pichu built? The Aztecs The Egyptians The Mayas The Incas Which state sold Corsica to France in 1768? - Not answered Genoa Veni
probability , An engineer has 200 resistors that he keeps in one box. Resi...
An engineer has 200 resistors that he keeps in one box. Resistors are colored to help their identification, and in this box there are 30 white resistors, 50 black resistors, 80 red
Solve the linear equation, Solve the linear equation: The equation rel...
Solve the linear equation: The equation relating the pressure that is denoted by P, to the force, F & the area, A, over which the force is applied is P =F/A. Solve this equat
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.