Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
How many handles must be molded weekly to break even, Northwest Molded mold...
Northwest Molded molds plastic handles which cost $0.70 per handle to mold. The fixed cost to run the molding machine is $5799 per week. If the company sells the handles for $ 3.70
Find out the determinant, Find out the determinant: Find out the deter...
Find out the determinant: Find out the determinant of the following 3 x 3 matrix, expanding about row 1. Solution:
Calculate the probability, Let D = 1 denotes the event that an adult male h...
Let D = 1 denotes the event that an adult male has a particular disease. In the population, it is known that the probability of having this disease is 20 percent, i.e., Pr (D = 1)
Saxon math, what is the are of a square that is 2 inches long and 2 inches...
what is the are of a square that is 2 inches long and 2 inches wide?
Steps for radio test - sequences and series, Steps for Radio test Assum...
Steps for Radio test Assume we have the series ∑a n Define, Then, a. If L b. If L>1 the series is divergent. c. If L = 1 the series might be divergent, this i
How to find out percentage error, how to find out percentage error?
how to find out percentage error?
What is the meaning of the f-statistic and f test, You are given the follow...
You are given the following regression results estimating the demand for widgets based on time series data for the past 40 months. Q t = 2.5 - 0.3 x P t + 12 x M t Where Q
Tower of hanoi problem, a) Write a summary on Tower of Hanoi Probl...
a) Write a summary on Tower of Hanoi Problem. How can it be solved using recursion ? b) Amit goes to a grocery shop and purchases grocery for Rs. 23.
Find out that vector are linearly dependent, Find out if the following set ...
Find out if the following set of vectors are linearly independent or linearly dependent. If they are linearly dependent get the relationship among them. Solution : Ther
Marketing orientation, what marketing orientation is kelloggs influenced by...
what marketing orientation is kelloggs influenced by?why do you think kelloggs use this approach?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.