Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Percents, write as a percent 6/10
write as a percent 6/10
Partitioning -types of word problems related to subtraction, Partitioning ...
Partitioning - an action of taking away or removing some objects, and finding out how many remain. (e.g., there were 15 toffees in this container, and 10 have been eaten. How many
Assignment modle, 2 5 - 6 7 4 6 8 -10 8- 6 1 4
2 5 - 6 7 4 6 8 -10 8- 6 1 4
Solve following x - x e 5 x + 2 = 0 logarithms, Solve following x - x ...
Solve following x - x e 5 x + 2 = 0 . Solution : The primary step is to factor an x out of both terms. DO NOT DIVIDE AN x FROM BOTH TERMS!!!! Note as well that it i
The arithmetic mean, Arithmetic mean Arithmetic means is commonly know...
Arithmetic mean Arithmetic means is commonly known as average or mean it is acquired by first of all summing up the values provided and by dividing the total value by the tota
Trignometric function, If tanx+secx=sqr rt 3, 0 Ans) sec 2 x=(√3-tanx) 2...
If tanx+secx=sqr rt 3, 0 Ans) sec 2 x=(√3-tanx) 2 1+tan 2 x=3+tan 2 x-2√3tanx 2√3tanx=2 tanx=1/√3 x=30degree
Algebra, If a^n+1 + b^n+1/a^n + b^n is the arithmetic mean of a and b then ...
If a^n+1 + b^n+1/a^n + b^n is the arithmetic mean of a and b then find n. Answer:Arithmatic mean of a,b is =(a+b)/2 from the problem (a+b)/2=(a^n+1 +b ^n+1)/(a^n+b^n) then (a+
Show that p ( x ) = 2 x3 - 5x2 -10 x + 5 intermediate value , Example Sh...
Example Show that p ( x ) = 2 x 3 - 5x 2 -10 x + 5 has a root somewhere in the interval [-1,2]. Solution What we're actually asking here is whether or not the function wi
How many types of integer operatiions explain, How many types of Integer Op...
How many types of Integer Operatiions explain? Adding Integers The rules for adding integers are: 1. A positive number plus a positive number equals the sum of the two pos
Statistics, A researcher is investigating the effectiveness of a new medica...
A researcher is investigating the effectiveness of a new medication for lowering blood pressure for individuals with systolic pressure greater than 140. For this population, systol
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.