Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
What are complex numbers, Q. What are Complex numbers? Ans. Comple...
Q. What are Complex numbers? Ans. Complex numbers are numbers of the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is a special number called the imaginary unit, which
Subtraction, how to subtract
how to subtract
Fundamental sets of solutions, The time has at last come to describe "nice ...
The time has at last come to describe "nice enough". We've been using this term during the last few sections to explain those solutions which could be used to form a general soluti
Sphere and cone, How tall does a cone with diameter of 10 inches have to be...
How tall does a cone with diameter of 10 inches have to be to fit exactly half of a sphere with a diameter of 10 inches inside it?
Mathematical model representing the total parking cost, John has a choice o...
John has a choice of using one of two parking garages when he visits downtown: Option1: $8 an hour for the first two hours, then $2 and hour for each hour more than 2; or Op
Find out the volume of the solid -x = (y - 2)2, Find out the volume of th...
Find out the volume of the solid obtained by rotating the region bounded by x = (y - 2) 2 and y = x around the line y = -1. Solution : We have to first get the intersection
Velocity of a skydiver (calculus), using v=g/k(1-e^-kt) find the velocity o...
using v=g/k(1-e^-kt) find the velocity of the skydiver when k is 0.015
GRAPH, HOW CAN WE TAKE SUPPOSE THE VALUES OF X AND Y
HOW CAN WE TAKE SUPPOSE THE VALUES OF X AND Y
Write down two more reasons why division is difficult, Write down two more ...
Write down two more reasons why children consider 'division' difficult. Regarding the first reason given above, one of fie few division related experiences that the child perhaps d
Use the power function to find derivative, Given, y = f(x) = 2 x 3 - 3x 2 ...
Given, y = f(x) = 2 x 3 - 3x 2 + 4x +5 a) Use the Power function to find derivative of the function. b) Find the value of the derivative at x = 4.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.