Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Share and dividend, give me a proper project on share and dividend of minim...
give me a proper project on share and dividend of minimum 25 pages
Example of circle graphs, Q. Example of circle graphs? Ans. The Un...
Q. Example of circle graphs? Ans. The United States Government pays obligations annually, called "outlays". Medicare contributes to the health and well being of aged an
Arithmetic/geometric sequences and binomial expansion, find s10 for the ari...
find s10 for the arithmetic sequenxe inwhich a1=5 and a10=68
Dif eq, y"-3y''-4y=2sinx
Describe about parallel and perpendicular lines, Describe about Parallel an...
Describe about Parallel and Perpendicular Lines ? Parallel Lines : Parallel lines are coplanar lines (lines that lie in the same plane) that never intersect. The bl
Determine rational exponents, Evaluate following. (a) 625 3/4 Solut...
Evaluate following. (a) 625 3/4 Solution (a) 625 3/4 Again, let's employ both forms to calculate this one. 625 3/4 =( 625 1/4 ) 3 =(5) 3 = 12
.fractions, what is the difference between North America''s part of the tot...
what is the difference between North America''s part of the total population and Africa''s part
Magna Carta, What is the Magna Carta
What is the Magna Carta
Determine the number of blue balls in the bag, A bag contains 5 red balls a...
A bag contains 5 red balls and some blue balls. If the probability of drawing a blue ball is double that of a red ball , determine the number of blue balls in the bag.
How many times must he mow across the width of the lawn, Allan has been hir...
Allan has been hired to mow the school soccer field that is 180 ft wide through 330 ft long. If his mower mows strips which are 2 feet huge, how many times must he mow across the w
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.