Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Tables and funcuctions, write an equation for a functionthat gives the valu...
write an equation for a functionthat gives the value in ech table .
Square the next consecutive integer find the lesser integer, The square of ...
The square of one integer is 55 less than the square of the next consecutive integer. Find the lesser integer. Let x = the lesser integer and let x + 1 = the greater integer. T
Systems of equations revisited, Systems of Equations Revisited We requ...
Systems of Equations Revisited We require doing a quick revisit of systems of equations. Let's establish with a general system of equations. a 11 x 1 + a 12 x 2 +......
COS Sheets, How do I find percentages with doing COS Sheets
How do I find percentages with doing COS Sheets
Determine that the series is convergent or divergent, Determine or find out...
Determine or find out if the subsequent series is convergent or divergent. If it converges find out its value. Solution To find out if the series is convergent we fir
Lesson 3.5 skills practice, Noah is renewing a magazine subscription. one p...
Noah is renewing a magazine subscription. one package offers to renew the magazine for 3 years for 26$. A second package offers to renew the magazine for 5 years for $38
Minima, Minima, Maxima and points of inflexion a) Test for rela...
Minima, Maxima and points of inflexion a) Test for relative maximum Consider the given function of x whose graph is presented by the figure given below
Find the 20th term of arithmetic progressions, Find the 20 th term from th...
Find the 20 th term from the end of the AP 3, 8, 13........253. Ans: 3, 8, 13 .............. 253 Last term = 253 a20 from end = l - (n-1)d 253 - ( 20-1) 5 253
Heat loss in a cylindrical pipe, how to do this project
how to do this project
Define number line, Q. Define Number Line? Ans. A number line is a...
Q. Define Number Line? Ans. A number line is a nice way to visualize and examine the ordering of the positive and negative numbers. Every positive and negative number that
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.