Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Area of plane figures, a research on area of plane figures
a research on area of plane figures
Slopes downward from left to right has a positive slope, Can you explain th...
Can you explain that it is true that a line that slopes downward from left to right has a positive slope?
Test of homogeneity , Test of homogeneity This is concerned along with...
Test of homogeneity This is concerned along with the proposition that several populations are homogenous along with respect to some characteristic of interest for example; one
Reduce the rational expression to lowest terms, Reduce the following ration...
Reduce the following rational expression to lowest terms. x 2 - 2 x - 8/ x 2 - 9 x + 20 Solution When reducing a rational expressio
Retest Simulation, What is the probability of guessing five questions on a ...
What is the probability of guessing five questions on a test correctly
Describe three ways to write negative fractions, Describe Three Ways to Wri...
Describe Three Ways to Write Negative Fractions? There are three different ways that a negative fraction can be written. They are all represent the same value. 1. The negative
Tutor, I AM A EXPERT OF MATHEMATICS.CAN I BECOME A TUTOR? PLEASE TELL ME SO...
I AM A EXPERT OF MATHEMATICS.CAN I BECOME A TUTOR? PLEASE TELL ME SOON.
Show basic trigonometric functions, Q. Show basic Trigonometric Functions? ...
Q. Show basic Trigonometric Functions? Ans. There are six trigonometric functions and they can be defined using a right angle triangle. We first label each side according
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.