Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Real constant and difference equation, Derive for the filter from z=a and p...
Derive for the filter from z=a and poles at z=b andz=c, where a, b, c are the real constants the corresponding difference equation. For what values of parameters a, b, and c the fi
Product moment coefficient, Product Moment Coefficient This gives an i...
Product Moment Coefficient This gives an indication of the strength of the linear relationship among two variables. Note that this formula can be rearranged to have di
Geometry, how can you tell qhich trangle is sss,asa, sas, and aas s
how can you tell qhich trangle is sss,asa, sas, and aas s
Factoring, how are polynomials be factored/?
how are polynomials be factored/?
Solving algebraic word problems, Solving Algebraic Word Problems: What...
Solving Algebraic Word Problems: What are the capacities of two water storage tanks in a nuclear facility if one holds 9 gallons less than three times another, and their whole
Standard trig equation, "Standard" trig equation: Now we need to move into...
"Standard" trig equation: Now we need to move into a distinct type of trig equation. All of the trig equations solved to this point were, in some way, more or less the "standard"
Integers, need answer to integers that equal 36
need answer to integers that equal 36
Curve tracing, tracing of cardidods
tracing of cardidods
Sketch the parametric curve for parametric equations, Sketch (draw) the par...
Sketch (draw) the parametric curve for the subsequent set of parametric equations. x = t 2 + t y = 2t -1 Solution At this point our simply option for sketching a par
Je veux le resumé des suites numériques,
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.