Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Time series and forecasting assignment, I need to upload my assignment
I need to upload my assignment
Finds out the center and radius of circle, Finds out the center & radius of...
Finds out the center & radius of each of the following circles & sketch the graph of the circle. a) x 2 + y 2 = 1 b) x 2 + ( y - 3) 2 = 4 Solution In all of these
Cenamatic, a tire placed on a balancing machine in a service station starts...
a tire placed on a balancing machine in a service station starts from rest an d turns through 4.7 revolutions in 1.2 seconds before reaching its final angular speed Calculate its a
Utilize the chain rule to differentiate, Chain Rule : Assume that we have ...
Chain Rule : Assume that we have two functions f(x) & g(x) and they both are differentiable. 1. If we define F ( x ) = ( f o g ) ( x ) then the derivative of F(x) is,
Marketing management, successful marketing research relies on accurate iden...
successful marketing research relies on accurate identification of the research objectives. Critically discuss when setting relevant research objectives, drawing on marketing theor
What are various strategies adopted for learning maths, Give some children ...
Give some children around you a task in mathematics. The task should be in an area in which they' have not been given a large dose of algorithms and strategies. Do all of them foll
Augmented matrix, Consider the following system of linear equations. X 1...
Consider the following system of linear equations. X 1 +x 3 +x 4 = 2 X 1 +x 2 +x 3 = 6 X 2 +x 3 +x 4 = 3 X 1 +x 2 +x 4 = 0 (a) Write out the augmented matrix fo
What is addition rule of probability, Q. What is Addition Rule of probabili...
Q. What is Addition Rule of probability? Ans. Suppose there are 17 girls and 15 boys in your stats class. There are 17 + 15 = 32 ways for your teacher to pick one student
Sample of proportion program., help me with how to write sample of proport...
help me with how to write sample of proportion using visual basic
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.