Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Linear, what is linear?
what is linear?
Projections - vector, Projections The good way to understand projection...
Projections The good way to understand projections is to see a couple of diagrams. Thus, given two vectors a → and b → we want to find out the projection of b → onto a → . T
Expected value of perfect information, Expected Value of Perfect Informatio...
Expected Value of Perfect Information In the above problems we have used the expected value criterion to evaluate the decisions under the conditions of risk. But, as long as un
What was his weight within pounds and ounces, Justin weighed 8 lb 12 oz whi...
Justin weighed 8 lb 12 oz while he was born. At his two-week check-up, he had gained 8 ounces. What was his weight within pounds and ounces? There are 16 ounces within a pound.
Biostastics, week 3 assignment
week 3 assignment
how much error, For a population with a mean of μ=70 and a standard deviat...
For a population with a mean of μ=70 and a standard deviation of o=20, how much error, on average, would you expect between the sample mean (M) and the population mean for each of
C programming, Write a program to find the area under the curve y = f(x) be...
Write a program to find the area under the curve y = f(x) between x = a and x = b, integrate y = f(x) between the limits of a and b. The area under a curve between two points can b
Determine the position and nature of stationary points, Question. Deter...
Question. Determine the position and nature of stationary points of the function? f(x,y)= y/x -x 2 +y 2
RECTILINEAR FIGURES, AB,BC,CD ARE THREE CONSECUTIE SIDES OF REGULAR POLYGON...
AB,BC,CD ARE THREE CONSECUTIE SIDES OF REGULAR POLYGON.IF ANGLE BAC IS 18 DEGREE, FIND EXTERIOR ANGLES AND NUMBER OF SIDES ?
Permuation and combination, how many words can be formed from letters of wo...
how many words can be formed from letters of word daughter such that word contain 2vowles and 3consonant
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.