Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Find the annual percentage yield, 1. Find the APY for the bank described ...
1. Find the APY for the bank described below- A bank offers an APR of 4% compounded monthly. 2. Use the compound interest formula to compute the balance in the following a
Algebra, (x+15)/y=10 where y=5
(x+15)/y=10 where y=5
Fact - undetermined coefficients, Here, let's take a look at sums of the fu...
Here, let's take a look at sums of the fundamental components and/or products of the fundamental components. To do this we'll require the following fact. Fact- Undetermined Co
Determine the order of the local truncation error, The backwards Euler diff...
The backwards Euler difference operator is given by for differential equation y′ = f(t, y). Determine the order of the local truncation error. Explain why this difference o
Find out the area of the circle, 1. The number of accidents attended to by ...
1. The number of accidents attended to by 6 emergency ambulance stations during a 5 month period was: Station May June July Aug Sep A 21 20 22 37 37
Facts regarding linear equations, To solve out linear equations we will mak...
To solve out linear equations we will make heavy use of the following facts. 1. If a = b then a + c = b + c for any c. All it is saying that we can add number, c, to both sides
How many ounces of soup does she required, Sharon needs to make 25 half-cup...
Sharon needs to make 25 half-cup servings of soup. How many ounces of soup does she required? One cup is 8 ounces, so half a cup is 4 ounces. Multiply 25 by 4 ounces to find ou
Examples of complex numbers, Following are some examples of complex numbers...
Following are some examples of complex numbers. 3 + 5i √6 -10i (4/5) + 1 16i 113 The last t
Word problem, On a canoe trip. a person paddled upstream against the curren...
On a canoe trip. a person paddled upstream against the current ata an average of 2mi/h. the return trip with the current at 3mi/h. Need to find the paddling spped in still water an
prove that 2a=b+c, If the roots of the equation (a-b) x 2 + (b-c) x+ (...
If the roots of the equation (a-b) x 2 + (b-c) x+ (c - a)= 0 are equal. Prove that 2a=b+c. Ans: (a-b) x 2 + (b-c) x+ (c - a) = 0 T.P 2a = b + c B 2 - 4AC = 0
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.