Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Determine the equation of the line, Example : Determine the equation of th...
Example : Determine the equation of the line which passes through the point (8, 2) and is, parallel to the line given by 10 y+ 3x = -2 Solution In both of parts we are goi
Cylinder - three dimensional spaces, Cylinder The below equation is th...
Cylinder The below equation is the common equation of a cylinder. x 2 /a 2 + y 2 /b 2 = 1 This is known as a cylinder whose cross section is an ellipse. If a = b we
Advantages and disadvantages of decision trees, Advantages of decision tree...
Advantages of decision trees 1. This clearly brings out implicit calculations and assumptions for all to see question and revise 2. This is simple to understand Disadvan
Find the interval of validity for the solution, Solve the subsequent IVP an...
Solve the subsequent IVP and find the interval of validity for the solution xyy' + 4x 2 + y 2 = 0, y(2) = -7, x > 0 Solution: Let's first divide on both
Evaluate limit in l''hospital''s rule form, Evaluate the below given limit....
Evaluate the below given limit. Solution Note as well that we actually do have to do the right-hand limit here. We know that the natural logarithm is just described fo
Percentage, 7 is what percent of 105?.
7 is what percent of 105?.
Determine the function f ( x ) , Determine the function f ( x ) . ...
Determine the function f ( x ) . f ′ ( x )= 4x 3 - 9 + 2 sin x + 7e x , f (0) = 15 Solution The first step is to integrate to fine out the most general pos
Write following in terms of simpler logarithms, Write following in terms of...
Write following in terms of simpler logarithms. (a) log 3 (9 x 4 / √y) Solution log 3 (9 x 4 / √y) =log 3 9x 4 - log y (1/2) =log 3 9 + log 3 x 4
Interval of convergence - sequences and series, Interval of Convergence ...
Interval of Convergence After that secondly, the interval of all x's, involving the endpoints if need be, for which the power series converges is termed as the interval of conv
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.