Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Finding the inverse of a function , Finding the Inverse of a Function : Th...
Finding the Inverse of a Function : The procedure for finding the inverse of a function is a rather simple one although there are a couple of steps which can on occasion be somewh
Cartesian product-categories of multiplication, Cartesian product - situat...
Cartesian product - situations in which the total number of ordered pairs (or triples, or ...) are do be found. (e.g., if Hari makes 'dosas' of 3 different sizes, with 4 different
Weighted mean-progression, Weighted mean - It is the mean which employ...
Weighted mean - It is the mean which employs arbitrarily given weights - This is a useful measure especially whereas assessment is being done yet the situation prevailing a
How to adding polynomials, How to Adding Polynomials? The numerical par...
How to Adding Polynomials? The numerical part of a monomial is called the coefficient. For example, the coefficient of 5x is 5. The coefficient of -7a 2 b 3 is -7. Like
Angles, why is a complimentary angle 90 degres
why is a complimentary angle 90 degres
Give a definition of perimeter and area, Give a Definition of Perimeter and...
Give a Definition of Perimeter and Area? Perimeter is the distance around a flat (2-dimensional) shape. Area is the amount of space taken up by a flat (2-dimensional) shape. is
Determine how many square centimeters, Determine how many square centimeter...
Determine how many square centimeters of paper are needed to make a label on a cylindrical can 45 cm tall with a circular base having diameter of 20 cm. Leave answer in terms of π.
Tangent lines, Recall also which value of the derivative at a specific valu...
Recall also which value of the derivative at a specific value of t provides the slope of the tangent line to the graph of the function at that time, t. Thus, if for some time t the
Reason for why limits not existing, Reason for why limits not existing : I...
Reason for why limits not existing : In the previous section we saw two limits that did not. We saw that did not exist since the function did not settle down to a sing
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.