Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Functions of many variables, There may be more than one independent v...
There may be more than one independent variable which determines the value of y. The dimension of a function is determined by the number of independent variables in the
Solve:, A Cleaning solution has 40% vinegar. Find the amount of vinegar in ...
A Cleaning solution has 40% vinegar. Find the amount of vinegar in 32 ounces of the solution>
what are the coordinates of the vertex , Use the graph of y = x2 - 6x to ...
Use the graph of y = x2 - 6x to answer the following: a) Without solving the equation (or factoring), determine the solutions to the equation x 2 - 6x = 0 usi
Activity example of one to one correspondence learning, Devise one activity...
Devise one activity each to help the child understand 'as many as' and 'one-to-one correspondence'. Try them out on a child/children in your neighbourhood, and record your observat
Numerical analysis, Please,I Want to know and study for stability on predi...
Please,I Want to know and study for stability on predictor -corrector for numerical integration method
Solid mensuration, Find the are of the rectilinear.if it is the difference ...
Find the are of the rectilinear.if it is the difference between to isosceles trapezoid whose corrsponding sides are parallel.
Bernoulli differential equations, In this case we are going to consider dif...
In this case we are going to consider differential equations in the form, y ′ + p ( x ) y = q ( x ) y n Here p(x) and q(x) are continuous functions in the
Undetermined coefficients, In this section we will see the first method whi...
In this section we will see the first method which can be used to find an exact solution to a nonhomogeneous differential equation. y′′ + p (t ) y′ + q (t ) y = g (t) One of
Subtracting from mixed numbers, 21-83/4
Big-m method.., how to use big-m method
how to use big-m method
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.