Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Application of probability in business, Application of Probability in Busin...
Application of Probability in Business 1. Business games of chance for illustration, Raffles Lotteries. 2. Insurance firms: this is generally done when a new client or prop
Calculate magnitude and direction of maximum principle, At a point in a loa...
At a point in a loaded member, the stresses relative to an x, y, z coordinate system are given by Calculate the magnitude and direction of the maximum principal stress.
Cylindrical coordinates - three dimensional space, Cylindrical Coordinates ...
Cylindrical Coordinates - Three Dimensional Space Since with two dimensional space the standard (x, y, z) coordinate system is known as the Cartesian coordinate system. In the
Measures of central tendency-computation method, Computation method ...
Computation method Whereas L = Lower class boundary of the class having the mode f 0 = Frequency of the class below the modal class
Calculate the area of remaining piece of cardboard, A piece of cardboard in...
A piece of cardboard in the shape of a trapezium ABCD & AB || DE, ∠ BCD = 900, quarter circle BFEC is removed. Given AB = BC = 3.5 cm, DE = 2 cm. Calculate the area of remaining p
Leptokurtic-measure of central tendency, Leptokurtic a) A frequency di...
Leptokurtic a) A frequency distribution which is lepkurtic has normally a higher peak than that of the general distribution. The coefficient of kurtosis while determined will
Two Collumn Proof, jkjk
Center of mass - applications of integrals, Center of Mass - Applications o...
Center of Mass - Applications of integrals In this part we are going to find out the center of mass or centroid of a thin plate along with uniform density ρ. The center of mass
Types of distribution, Types of distribution Population distribution ...
Types of distribution Population distribution This refers to the distribution of the individual values of population. This mean it is denoted by 'µ' Sample distributi
Math, to which subset of the real number does the number 22 belong?
to which subset of the real number does the number 22 belong?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.