Related to the Design of Tools and Equipment:
1. The hands should be relieved of all work that can done more advantageously by a jig a fixture or a foot operated device.
2. Two or more tools should be combined wherever possible.
3. Tools and materials should be pre positioned wherever possible.
4. Where each finger performs some specific movements such as in typewriting the load should b e distributed in accordance with the inherent capacities of the fingers.
5. Handles such of as those used on cranks and large screw driers should be so designed as to permit as much of the surface of the hand to come in contract with the handle as possible .
6. Levels crossbars and hand wheels should be located such positions that the operator can manipulate them with the greatest mechanical advantage.