Requirements of a good marketing information system:
1. Through there will be a several information component and activity component of a marketing information system yet it should be precieved and managed as one single entity.
2. Marketing information system is not merely a data keeping tool or a record keeping file. These are merely part of it. Its main identity should be that can be used as a decision making aid.
3. The marketing information system should be compatible with the culture of the company. It should reflect the same level of as that of the organizations so that it is operable by the employers of the organizations.
4. The cost benefit situation should be positive in implementing the marketing information system. In other words it should prove economical for the company.
5. The marketing information system must have the operational ability to judge whether a piece of information is required or not.
6. It should be easy for the users to use. It ahould ensure that user is involved when using the system.
7. The involvement should not be limited to users. The suppliers of the information of teh system should also be involved.
8. The system must meet the principle of selectivity.
9. It should be adaptable to changes.
10. It must be fast.