SOME COMMON REFLEXES RELATED TO RESPIRATION -
1. Cough Reflex: Due to stimulation in Trachea before it 2.5 lit. air is inhaled.
2. Sneezing Reflex: Stimulation is nasal chamber.
3. Epistaxis: Bleeding from nose.
4. Laughing: It involves deep inspiration followed by a series of short violent expiration.
5. Yawning: It involves involuntary deep inspiration with mouth wide opening followed by gradual expiration.
6. Hiccups: Contraction of diaphragm followed by a sudden closure of the glottis.
7. Snorring: Due to uncontrolled palate vibrations.