Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Basic Statistics
Soddy and Rutherford, from their experimental study regarding the radioactive disintegration formulated the following laws, known as laws of radioactive disintegration.
1. Radioactivity is a spontaneous process which does not depend upon external factors like temperature, pressure etc. i.e. a radioactive element is in a state of disintegration which depends upon law of chance. It means it is impossible to predict which particular atom of the radioactive element will disintegrate in a given time interval.
2. During disintegration of an atom, either an particle or a ß particle is emitted. Both of these particles are never emitted simultaneously. Also at a time, an atom will not emit more than one ß particle.
3. The emission of particle from an atom will change it, into a new atom whose charge number is reduced by two and mass number is reduced by four.
4. The emission of a ß particle from an atom is raised by one, without any change in its mass number.
5. The number of atoms disintegrated per second (i.e. rate of disintegration of radioactive atoms) at any instant is directly proportional to the number of radioactive atoms actually present in the sample at that instant. This is also known as radioactive decay law.
Posted Date: 1/31/2012 11:03:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics Discussions
Write discussion on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR, HOW IS IT RELATED
HOW IS IT RELATED
AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE (ATM) , AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE (ATM) Computer m...
AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE (ATM) Computer managed devices placed at a financial institution division or other place, which allow a client to execute primary checking actions (such a
Calculate operational variances -planning variances, You have recently join...
You have recently joined XYZ, an international company that produces a wide range of office supplies and stationary goods. In your new role as Group Management Accountant your firs
What is Full form of FRS, AFRS - Talk about AGENCY FINANCIAL REPORTING SYST...
AFRS - Talk about AGENCY FINANCIAL REPORTING SYSTEM.
Probability, A machine that cuts corks for wine bottles operates in such a ...
A machine that cuts corks for wine bottles operates in such a way that the distribution of the diameter of the corks produced is well approximated by a normal distribution with mea
Using a venn diagram evaluate the probability, Question: (a) 100 indiv...
Question: (a) 100 individuals applied for systems analyst positions with a large firm during the past year. 40 of them had some prior work experience (W), and 30 had a profes
CHI-SQUARE, proof that the square of a normal distribution will give a chi-...
proof that the square of a normal distribution will give a chi-square
Eviews Task, I have one task to be done on Eviews.
I have one task to be done on Eviews.
What does a bookkeeper do?, What does a bookkeeper do? An accountant is ...
What does a bookkeeper do? An accountant is responsible for handling the documents for a business's dealings. Ultimately the dealings will be registered in records within the bu
Correlation, difference between positive and negative correlaiton
difference between positive and negative correlaiton
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.