Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Basic Statistics
Soddy and Rutherford, from their experimental study regarding the radioactive disintegration formulated the following laws, known as laws of radioactive disintegration.
1. Radioactivity is a spontaneous process which does not depend upon external factors like temperature, pressure etc. i.e. a radioactive element is in a state of disintegration which depends upon law of chance. It means it is impossible to predict which particular atom of the radioactive element will disintegrate in a given time interval.
2. During disintegration of an atom, either an particle or a ß particle is emitted. Both of these particles are never emitted simultaneously. Also at a time, an atom will not emit more than one ß particle.
3. The emission of particle from an atom will change it, into a new atom whose charge number is reduced by two and mass number is reduced by four.
4. The emission of a ß particle from an atom is raised by one, without any change in its mass number.
5. The number of atoms disintegrated per second (i.e. rate of disintegration of radioactive atoms) at any instant is directly proportional to the number of radioactive atoms actually present in the sample at that instant. This is also known as radioactive decay law.
Posted Date: 1/31/2012 11:03:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics Discussions
Write discussion on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Hcfp test the drainage system, After successfully having navigated the LPP ...
After successfully having navigated the LPP issue, HCFP has once again for your help. Now, they are considering implementing a new drainage system to improve water flow across the
Normal distribution, In a mathematics examination the average grade was 82 ...
In a mathematics examination the average grade was 82 and the standard deviation was 5. all students with grade from 88 to 94 received grade of B. if the grade are approximately no
Circular motion, Explain why large lorries carrying heavy loads may not suc...
Explain why large lorries carrying heavy loads may not succed to go through a curve safely
According to you are the biggest challenges of moving ifrs, What according ...
What according to you are the biggest challenges of moving to IFRS? Manager 1: Well, there are going to be a lot of changes. IFRS is known to be more principle based than the
R programm, 1. Generate a large dataset ( at least 1000 observations) µ wit...
1. Generate a large dataset ( at least 1000 observations) µ with a known mean, µ between 20 and 40 and variance s = 9 using rnorm(). identify it as D. Use the functions mean() and
Time series, time series use in indian economy
time series use in indian economy
Construct a stem-and-leaf diagram, An internal report issued by the marketi...
An internal report issued by the marketing manager of a oil-change franchise claims that the mean number of miles between oil changes is for franchise customers is at least 3600 mi
Measure of central tendency, What is sampling fluctuation
What is sampling fluctuation
What is hurdle rate, What is hurdle rate? In investment spending budget...
What is hurdle rate? In investment spending budget, challenge amount is the minimal amount that an organization desires to earn when getting a venture. Hence the challenge amou
Probability assessments, According to a weather forecaster's subjective pro...
According to a weather forecaster's subjective probability assessments, the probability of record-breaking rain during this year in Jamshedpur is 0.01 . However, if Ranchi has a r
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.