Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Basic Statistics
Soddy and Rutherford, from their experimental study regarding the radioactive disintegration formulated the following laws, known as laws of radioactive disintegration.
1. Radioactivity is a spontaneous process which does not depend upon external factors like temperature, pressure etc. i.e. a radioactive element is in a state of disintegration which depends upon law of chance. It means it is impossible to predict which particular atom of the radioactive element will disintegrate in a given time interval.
2. During disintegration of an atom, either an particle or a ß particle is emitted. Both of these particles are never emitted simultaneously. Also at a time, an atom will not emit more than one ß particle.
3. The emission of particle from an atom will change it, into a new atom whose charge number is reduced by two and mass number is reduced by four.
4. The emission of a ß particle from an atom is raised by one, without any change in its mass number.
5. The number of atoms disintegrated per second (i.e. rate of disintegration of radioactive atoms) at any instant is directly proportional to the number of radioactive atoms actually present in the sample at that instant. This is also known as radioactive decay law.
Posted Date: 1/31/2012 11:03:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics Discussions
Write discussion on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Calculate the p-value for the test statistic value, A subject is asked to p...
A subject is asked to pick the suit of a card that she does not see, picked at random from a standard deck of playing cards. If the subject has no extra-sensory powers (ESO) her gu
Cost classification, How can costs be classified by objective?
How can costs be classified by objective?
Regression analysis, Data was gathered on a group of ninth grade students. ...
Data was gathered on a group of ninth grade students. Some students have been diagnosed with a learning disability. All students were measured on conduct, attention, hyperactivity
Evaluation, what is evaluation?
what is evaluation?
Qualitative description of a report, report
Acct 1100, comprehensive problem 1 chapter4
comprehensive problem 1 chapter4
Do you think the change towards ifrs is a good idea, Do you think the chang...
Do you think the change towards IFRS is a good idea? Manager 1: This change is definitely going to be a very positive change. There are no doubt a lot of advantages that IFRS
Define BIENNIUM, Define BIENNIUM A 24-month fiscal era. In Washington, the...
Define BIENNIUM A 24-month fiscal era. In Washington, the biennium expands from July 1 of odd numbered years to June 30 of odd numbered or more years.
Hypothesis testing, a clinical psychologist claims that on average, at leas...
a clinical psychologist claims that on average, at least twenty five clients visit her per week. for a random sample of 8 weeks, the following numbers of clients were recorded; 25
Business valuation to determine the stock price of an entity, Definition of...
Definition of business valuation to determine the stock price of an entity. Business valuation is the value or price where a unit would be purchased at a given point in time. Usual
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.