Get quote & make Payment
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Basic Statistics
Soddy and Rutherford, from their experimental study regarding the radioactive disintegration formulated the following laws, known as laws of radioactive disintegration.
1. Radioactivity is a spontaneous process which does not depend upon external factors like temperature, pressure etc. i.e. a radioactive element is in a state of disintegration which depends upon law of chance. It means it is impossible to predict which particular atom of the radioactive element will disintegrate in a given time interval.
2. During disintegration of an atom, either an particle or a ß particle is emitted. Both of these particles are never emitted simultaneously. Also at a time, an atom will not emit more than one ß particle.
3. The emission of particle from an atom will change it, into a new atom whose charge number is reduced by two and mass number is reduced by four.
4. The emission of a ß particle from an atom is raised by one, without any change in its mass number.
5. The number of atoms disintegrated per second (i.e. rate of disintegration of radioactive atoms) at any instant is directly proportional to the number of radioactive atoms actually present in the sample at that instant. This is also known as radioactive decay law.
Posted Date: 1/31/2012 11:03:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics Discussions
Write discussion on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Question, #quea national poll of 1836 respondents indicated that 36% suppor...
#quea national poll of 1836 respondents indicated that 36% support the NDP. Test whether this is sufficient evidence to show that the NDP support has increased since the election.
Define brand loyalty and perception, Definition of brand loyalty is termed ...
Definition of brand loyalty is termed as the commitment towards a particular brand. Brand loyalty is the perception of a brand in consumer’s mind which is used as leads him/her to
Vectors, What do u mean by Vectors? Explain its types.
What do u mean by Vectors? Explain its types.
Marginal costing , HOW DO U CALCULATE VARIABLE SELLING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ...
HOW DO U CALCULATE VARIABLE SELLING AND ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES IF GIVEN MARKETING COSTS ADVERTSING P6000 PER MONTH SALES PERSONNEL SALARIES AND COMMISSION R 80000 PER MONTH PLUS
Calculate s.d, Less than 5 yrs 22 5-10 18 10-20 5 20-30 4 More than 30 1
Less than 5 yrs 22 5-10 18 10-20 5 20-30 4 More than 30 1
Customer behaviour, customer behaviour in accounting felid of study
customer behaviour in accounting felid of study
Probability, A certain manufactured item is visually inspected by two diffe...
A certain manufactured item is visually inspected by two different inspectors. When a defective item comes through the line, the probability that it gets by the first inspector is
quality, HOW I CAN WORK UPON EWMA CHART
HOW I CAN WORK UPON EWMA CHARTS?
State the model and apply t-test, Studies have linked brain size in infants...
Studies have linked brain size in infants and toddlers to a number of future ailments, including autism. One study looked at the brain sizes of 30 autistic boys and 12 nonautistic
Probablity, a fair die is thrown 3 times. Let X1,X2,X3 denote the results o...
a fair die is thrown 3 times. Let X1,X2,X3 denote the results of 3 throws. What is the probablity that p[X1>X2+X3]
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.