Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Basic Statistics
Soddy and Rutherford, from their experimental study regarding the radioactive disintegration formulated the following laws, known as laws of radioactive disintegration.
1. Radioactivity is a spontaneous process which does not depend upon external factors like temperature, pressure etc. i.e. a radioactive element is in a state of disintegration which depends upon law of chance. It means it is impossible to predict which particular atom of the radioactive element will disintegrate in a given time interval.
2. During disintegration of an atom, either an particle or a ß particle is emitted. Both of these particles are never emitted simultaneously. Also at a time, an atom will not emit more than one ß particle.
3. The emission of particle from an atom will change it, into a new atom whose charge number is reduced by two and mass number is reduced by four.
4. The emission of a ß particle from an atom is raised by one, without any change in its mass number.
5. The number of atoms disintegrated per second (i.e. rate of disintegration of radioactive atoms) at any instant is directly proportional to the number of radioactive atoms actually present in the sample at that instant. This is also known as radioactive decay law.
Posted Date: 1/31/2012 11:03:48 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics Discussions
Write discussion on Radioactive Disintegration Laws, Physics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Exploratory analysis of the data, The Home Improvement Company (HIC) operat...
The Home Improvement Company (HIC) operates five stores in a large regional area. The company wished to study the relationship between x, house value ($'000) and Y, yearly expendit
Accounting equation, received security deposits from tenant how does it wil...
received security deposits from tenant how does it will be shown in accounting equation
reading and display data-affine relation, We start reading and display the...
We start reading and display the data: library (UsingR) data(galileo) g2=galileo$init.h-500 gl=galileo$h.d par(bg='cornsilk') plot(gl,g2,pch=20,col="red",cex=2,yl
In-depth analysis of the effects of the salary, Background: There was no 2...
Background: There was no 2004-05 National Hockey Leagues (NHL) season because of a labour dispute between the players and the teams. One of the outcomes of the labour dispute was
Angler survey, Angler survey A survey used by sport fishery managers t...
Angler survey A survey used by sport fishery managers to calculate the total catch, fishing effort and catch rate for the given body of water. For instance, the whole effort m
Spss, SPSS Assignment 1. Execute the following functions using SP...
SPSS Assignment 1. Execute the following functions using SPSS. a) Enter the following data Case Age Weight Gender
Full and restricted models - testing research hypotheses, 1. Suppose you ar...
1. Suppose you are given a dataset that consists of a random sample of tasters, on which the following variables were obtained: (y) Zpref = taste preference for green beans stor
Wave optics, how does wave act as in interfrence?
how does wave act as in interfrence?
Data graphical representationhic, if the class intervals of data are equal....
if the class intervals of data are equal. though it is ranges,do we have to use bar charts keeping a same space between bars or a histogram?
Live experts, can I talk to them online
can I talk to them online
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.