Quarterly cash payments budget, Financial Accounting

Assignment Help:

Emily Jackson, RSC Designs management accountant, is in charge of preparing the master budget for 2013.  She has gathered the following information:

1. Annual profit for the 2012/2013 financial year is expected to be the sum of  each group members RMIT student number.  The split (anticipated sales mix)  between SML Sculptures and LGE Sculptures is for every 3 LGE sculptures sold 2 SML Sculptures will be sold.  Forty percent (40%) of the total sales (of each product) will occur in the first 6 months of the financial year and the remaining sixty percent (60%) will occur in the remaining six months. 

Expected sales for the final quarter of 2012 are expected to be 15,000 units of the SML Sculptures and 23,000 of the LGE Sculptures.

2. RSC Designs' sales history indicates that 40 percent of all sales are on credit, with the remainder of the sales being on a cash basis.  The company's collection experience shows that 60 percent of the credit sales are collected during the quarter in which the sale is made, while the remaining 40 percent is collected in the following quarter.  (For simplicity, assume the company is able to collect 100 percent of its accounts receivable.)

3. The SML sculpture has a selling price of $45 per unit, and the LGE sculpture has a selling price of $75 per unit.  These prices are expected to hold constant throughout the 2012/2013 financial year.  

4. The production manager attempts to end each quarter with enough finished - goods inventory in each product line to cover 20 percent of the following  quarter's sales.  Moreover, an attempt is made to end each quarter with 20 percent of the glass sheets needed for the following quarter's production.  As the metal strips are purchased locally the company buys them on a just-in-time
basis, and as a result the inventory is negligible.

5. All direct material purchases are made on credit, with 80 percent of each quarter's credit purchases being paid in cash during the same quarter as the purchase.  The remaining 20 percent is paid in the next quarter.

6. Indirect materials are purchased on a cash basis as needed.  Work-in-process is negligible.


Related Discussions:- Quarterly cash payments budget

How much salary should zorn receive during the period, zorn conducted his p...

zorn conducted his professional practice through zorn, inc. the corporation uses a fiscal year ending september 30 even though the business purpose test for a fiscal year cannot be

Determine the term- balancing risk and return, Determine the Balancing ris...

Determine the Balancing risk and return All decision making involves future and business decision making is no exception. Only thing certain about the future, though, is that w

With the ddm formula calculated growth rate, Using CAPM's formula, Retur...

Using CAPM's formula, Return on equity = Risk-free rate + Beta*(Expected market return - risk-free rate) With the given information, Return on equity = 1% + 1.7*(9% - 1%)

Termination of office of trustee-bankruptcy, TERMINATION OF OFFICE OF TRUST...

TERMINATION OF OFFICE OF TRUSTEE The trustee may vacate office in the following ways: 1. Resignation : He may resign at a meeting of creditors and with their consent. 2.

The matching rule is applied ?, The matching rule is applied a. because it ...

The matching rule is applied a. because it is required by the Internal revenue Code b. by expensing certain items immediately and in their entirety c. to help make the bookkeeper's

Cash flow statement, 1. A fellow student says to you: "The statement of cas...

1. A fellow student says to you: "The statement of cash flows is the easiest of the basic financial statements to prepare because you know the answer before you start. You compare

The three certainties-express trusts-trust laws and accounts, The three cer...

The three certainties A trust will be valid only if the three certainties are present i.e. certainty of words, certainty of subject, and certainty of objects.   1. Certainty

Explain zero base budget, Q. Explain Zero Base Budget? Zero base budget...

Q. Explain Zero Base Budget? Zero base budgeting can be defined as - 1) An operating planning and budgeting process which requires each manager to justify his entire budget

Calculate the financial ratios, Part I: Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s income stat...

Part I: Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s income statement and balance sheet are attached. Gather relevant information from the financial statements to calculate the financial ratios, and co

MAKING A PITCH, SAMPLES PITCH FOR AN ACCOUNTING ASSIGNMENTS

SAMPLES PITCH FOR AN ACCOUNTING ASSIGNMENTS

Write Your Message!

Captcha
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd