Publicity: publicity is a non -personal not paid stimulation of the demand of the product or services or business units by planning commercially significant news or editional comment in the print media or by obtaining a favourable presentation of it upon radio, television or stage.
1. As a "free advertising", publicity can be positive and stimulate demand at no cost.
2. May be perceived by the consumers as more credible, because it is not paid for by the seller.
3. Consumer may pay more attention to these messages, because they are not quickly screened out as are many advertisements.
1. Publicity is not always possible because it is not in the hand of the seller.
2. Publicity can be negative and hurt sales as well any from of paid as company product, and brand images.
3. Company cannot completely control the content of publicity messages.