Proteins are very essential macromolecules as they have a range of many important functions like:
• Required for building and repair of body tissues (including muscle)
• Enzymes, hormones, and many immune molecules are proteins
• Essential body processes such as water balancing, nutrient transport, and muscle contractions require protein to function.
• Protein is a source of energy.
• Protein helps keep skin, hair, and nails healthy.
• Protein, like most other essential nutrients, is absolutely crucial for overall good health.
Hence a proper diet with lots of proteins is always advisable. Good sources of proteins are fish, egg, meat, pulses etc.