The business that you are to work on for this assessment is Apex Pty Ltd, a company based loosely around property development and construction work. The specialisation of this company is on the purchase and development of properties for resale or rent on the open market. Whilst the project management and construction tasks are undertaken by the company, various other components of the operation of Apex are for you to determine. These would include factors such as:
1. Is there any State or Federal legislation applicable to this industry?
2. Is there a Code of Practice or Code of Conduct applicable to the industry?
3. Do you concentrate on residential or commercial developments, or a mixture of both?
4. Does the company focus on demolition and rebuild of the properties, or refurbishment of existing facilities?
5. Is the labour force contracted, or are they employed tradesmen?
6. Does Apex use a property management company, or does the company perform this function in-house?
7. Are properties purchased outright or through a mortgagee company?
8. How are discarded construction products to be disposed of, by contractor or otherwise?
These are only suggestions for you. There are obviously other considerations that you may choose to adopt in the operation of the business that may be specifically in line with the governance controlling your employer's company, and you should feel free to include those in your assignment.
I expect a synopsis of the complete operation of the property development company for you to score well on this assignment. Without putting a numerical value onto the tasks undertaken by Apex, the operational overview must be complete in order for you to pass this unit.