Project team activities
There are seven step procedures which the organisation can use to introduce the project team activities as a management strategy. The procedure is as follows:
1. Organising a Six Sigma team and also setting up the long term Six Sigma management vision for the company.
2. Starting the Six Sigma educations for the champions first.
3. Choosing the area for which the Six Sigma process has to be introduced first.
4. Starting the education for Green Belts (GBs) and the Black Belts (BBs).
5. Deploying Critical-To-Quality (CTQ) for all the concerned areas and also appointing fewer Black Belts (BBs) as full time project team leaders and also ask them to solve important CTQ problems.
6. Strengthening the infrastructure for Six Sigma like the Statistical Process Control (SPC), Knowledge Management (KM) and also database management system.
7. Designating a "Six Sigma Day" every month and also have the top management checking the progress of Six Sigma project teams and also organise the presentations or awards for accomplishment.
Members will have to be appointed as a Six Sigma team to handle all the Six Sigma activities. Also, the team will have to set up the long term Six Sigma vision for the company under the supervision of the top level management. This is the team's first and most vital task for the team. It is said that for quality the 3Cs are Change, Customer and Competition. The Six Sigma vision should match the 3Cs as well. Most importantly, all the employees in the company should agree and respect the vision.