Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
programming, Computer Network Security
For this assignment you will create a program called MMWordFix (Multi-Mode WordFix). This program prompts the user to select one of three word filters (uppercase, lowercase, encrypt). Then it allows the user to repeatedly apply this filter either interactively or to convert a file. Here is a sample run:
If the user tries to convert a file and the file is not found in the local directory, they should see an error message, e.g.:
If the user does not correctly enter the name of one of the filters, WordFix should continue to prompt the user until a valid selection is entered. For example,
This program builds on Hwk4.
IFilter, FUpperCase, FLowerCase, FEncrypt:
• No changes.
• Change method selectFilter to return a pointer to IFactory. Thus it creates and returns an instance of the appropriate factory (instead of filter).
• An interface that has method NewFilter, which takes no arguments and returns a pointer to an IFilter.
UCaseFactory, LCaseFactory, EncryptFactory:
• Each implements interface IFactory.
• Each creates a different type of filter object: FUpperCase, FLowerCase, or FEncrypt respectively.
• Has private attribute myFilter, which is a pointer to an IFilter.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It uses the factory object to create a filter object, which it saves in myFilter.
• Has method DoInteractiveSession, which takes no arguments and returns nothing. This method:
o Prompts the user for a word, then accepts a word from the user.
o If the word is “q”, the method returns.
o Otherwise it executes myFilter on the word, and displays the result.
• Note that InteractiveFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Has private attribute myFactory, which is a pointer to an IFactory.
• The constructor takes a pointer to an IFactory as an argument. It saves the factory object in myFactory.
• Has method ConvertFile, which takes string argument and returns nothing. The argument is the name of the input file. This method:
o Uses myFactory to create the appropriate filter object.
o Opens the input file and output file (same name but .fix suffix).
o Reads each line in the input file, converts it, and writes it to the output file.
o Closes both files.
• Note that FileFix should not know anything about specific factory or filter classes; it only knows about IFactory and IFilter.
• Prompts the user for a filter name, using the FilterMgr to get the choices.
• Accepts a filter name from the user.
• If the filter name is “q”, the program quits.
• Uses the FilterMgr to get the appropriate factory object that can create the named filter. If the filter name is not one of the available filters, the user is prompted again.
• Now the user may repeatedly apply the filter in one of two modes.
o Prompt the user for the mode (“i” or “f”)
o If the mode is “q”, the program quits.
o If the mode is “i”, an InteractiveFix object is created and used to apply the filter interactively.
o If the mode is “f”, the user is prompted for a file name then a FileFix object is created and used to apply the filter to a file.
• Note that main() should not know about any of the specific factory classes; it only knows about IFactory.
• Note that main() should not know anything about filters.
Posted Date: 10/28/2012 8:30:12 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
programming, Assignment Help, Ask Question on programming, Get Answer, Expert's Help, programming Discussions
Write discussion on programming
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Digital Signatures, the meaning Digital Signatures
the meaning Digital Signatures
Implement security measures, Problem (a) Give two reasons for companie...
Problem (a) Give two reasons for companies to implement security measures. (b) What is the regulatory expectation regarding i. healthcare information, ii. financial
Packet sniffers, PACKET SNIFFERS A packet network protocol analyzer is a...
PACKET SNIFFERS A packet network protocol analyzer is a network tool which collects copies of packets from network and analyzes them. It can give network administrator with valu
Write a note on digital signature, Question 1 Explain the types of threats...
Question 1 Explain the types of threats (Attacks) Question 2 What are the Characteristics of Good Encryption Technique? Question 3 Write a note on Digital Signatur
Ethernet network, QUESTION : a) A datagram of 3000 bytes has to travel...
QUESTION : a) A datagram of 3000 bytes has to travel over a network with a MTU size of 1000 bytes. Describe how fragmentation can be used to solve this problem. You should pr
Access control list, Scenario: A network with individual hosts (really, vir...
Scenario: A network with individual hosts (really, virtual machines) can run HTTP (web) servers that are available to the outside. (Here, available means the ability to read and wr
Discuss a communication channel, Question An organization is planning t...
Question An organization is planning to connect its networks to the Internet. The network is located within a four story building. A web server supporting online sales is also
Explain why spreadsheets are so useful, Question: Spreadsheet packages ...
Question: Spreadsheet packages are widely used in Business. a) Explain why spreadsheets are so useful. b) Spreadsheet files are sometimes saved for use by other software
Direct indexing, DIRECT INDEXING It is less usually known method. It i...
DIRECT INDEXING It is less usually known method. It is possible only is cases where protocols address are given from a compact range. In the diagram below an example of direct
Public key cryptosystem based on rsa technology, Problem: (a) What is ...
Problem: (a) What is the minimum length of a password that could be considered to be "strong" in the context of today's computing power? (b) The security of a PIN system,
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.