Cham Stores is one of the biggest private sector employer in the Syria. The company has more than 2000 employees in Syria, Emirates and London. In Syria, Cham Stores range from small local Cham s expres stores sites to large Cham stores Extras and superstores. Around 86% of all sales are from the Syria.. In its non-SYRIA operations Cham stores builds on the strengths it has developed as market leader in the SYRIA supermarket sector. However, it also caters for local needs. In London for example, customers are used to shopping in 'wet markets' where the products are not packaged. Cham stores uses this approach in its London store rather than offering pre-packaged goods as it would in SYRIA stores.
Cham Stores needs people across a wide range of both store-based and non-store jobs:
- In stores, it needs checkout staff, stock handlers, supervisors as well as many specialists, such as pharmacists and bakers.
- Its distribution depots require people skilled in stock management and logistics.
- Head office provides the infrastructure to run Cham Stores efficiently. Roles here include human resources, legal services, property management, marketing, accounting and information technology.
Summary of Tasks:
1. Explain the importance of effective commutation, knowledge, and information to Cham Stores Corpo.
2. Identify and classify different types of communication available to CHAM STORE Corporation.
3. Draw a figure to clarify the different types of Stakeholders of Cham Stores Corporation.
4. Decide on the communication strategy of Cham Stores Corpo. Try to cover the whole points of the effective communication strategy.
5. How can you define the term of "Knowledge management"?
6. Decide on the main elements of "knowledge management strategy' that would assure the gathering and dissemination of information and organizational knowledge.
7. Suggest the design of the appropriate systems for the collection, storage and dissemination of and access to the information and knowledge gathered.
- Using the model of " Harvard referencing model" achieve a " Literature Review" about the "managerial activities and decision making ".
Assume that you are one of (Cham Stores Corporation) senior managers. To develop your career and to acquire higher positions in your company, try to create personal and professional strategies to increase personal networking to widen involvement in the decision-making process.