1. Main functions: The web based site will be fully enabled for viewing via iPad and be fully accessible at the cafe seating only. The menu will be fully automated to allow orders to be placed by the customer or by the wait staff via a separate device. Customers may browse only a controlled area of the Internet with only affiliated links shown and with social media enabled.
2. Local Search feature: The web-based application must include a user-friendly surf feature which also allows for customers to place feedback. Featured links and offers should be possible and should be able to earn some advertising income.
3. Loyalty feature: Local repeat customers will be acknowledged and valued by the system through a loyalty program that offers get your 5th of 10th coffee free and remembers customer preferences so that they can easily order their 'usual' or review their own order history and reorder.
4. Integration with other systems: Orders placed by the system should automatically be cued to the table waiting system that shows an overview of orders and order times as well as the kitchen display that shows orders and the payment terminal at the cafe which allows customers to pay for their meals via all major payment systems including cash, eftpos and credit.
5. Customer reviews: Customers have the ability to write comments and feedback and to link menu items etc to social media.
6. Referrals: system must be able to track referrals to the site from corporate partners and customer referrals, display advertisements, and track customer usage patterns.
7. Usability: Must be user-friendly in order to accommodate any level of user.
8. Availability: during all cafe hours with flexibility to vary for other sites (scheduled maintenance time, as deemed necessary).