1. Review and analyse financial data for the last year to establish areas which have generated a profit or loss in your organisation.
2. Conduct a research to review reasons for profit and loss in last year in your organisation.
3. Review business plan (information can be found on corporate marketing plan) to establish critical dates and initiatives that will require or generate resources in next financial cycle in your organisation.
4. Analyse cash flow trends and discuss your findings.
5. Review statutory requirements for compliance and liabilities for tax for your organisation.
6. Review existing software (if available otherwise recommend one) and its suitability for financial management in your organisation.