You are to select an organisation, gather and critically analyse organisational data, draw conclusions and make recommendations about the organisation as well as the human resource management strategy and activities in the organisation.
The organisation you select should be from ONE of the following:
1. The organisation for which you work
2. An organisation that you know well
3. An organisation from which you can obtain high quality data (e.g. from websites, company accounts, the library etc.).
1. Critically study the organisational structure and behaviour, along with the practice of organising followed in the chosen organisation.
2. Critically discuss, using literature and organisational data, the relationship of human resource management (HRM) to the traditional practice of Personnel Management (PM) and Industrial Relations (IR).
3. Assess the selected organisation's HR activities in one of the following areas: (a) Motivation and Reward (b) Human Resource Planning (c) Human resource development. Your evaluation should draw on the theories discussed in the module.
4. Based on your analyses, provide conclusions and suitable recommendations to improve the HR activities in the selected organisation.