This assessment covers the following elements:
1. Monitor staff performance and provide feedback
2. Recognise and resolve performance problems
3. Implement performance management systems
Critical Aspects for assessment
- Project or work activities that allow the candidate to address typical PM issues found in tourism or hospitality workplaces
- Knowledge of typical procedures and processes for formal performance management and counselling
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate communication skills to provide supportive feedback and guidance to colleagues
Section 1 - 6 Tasks
1. 1. Using 'Performance Standards Template'supplied, list at least 2staff performance & 2behaviourstandards that could arise in the workplace (be sure to focus on staff performance issues and not work process or equipment issues).
Use the business and position identified in your business analysis for recruit, select and induct staff.Attach a copy of this job description and job specification to this task to demonstrate linkage.
1.2. For each standard determine whether it is primarily concerned with job performance or work behaviour (or both)
1.3. Indicate a "standard" to which this issue might relate (e.g. dress code) Note: As discussed class, some standards are "implicit." If this is the case simply write the word "implicit".
1.4. Explain how this standard would be communicated or demonstrated to the team member.
1.5. Explain how the supervisor could monitor staff performance against this standard.
1.6. Briefly outline how the employer would provide guidance and support to the employee in achieving this standard.
Section 2 - 2Tasks
2.1 Select a problem workplace issue based on one of the standards you have identified in task 1.1. Develop a fictitious dialogue of a counselling session you have with an employee about this issue.
You must include the heading for the 7 steps of counsellingand provide appropriate 'conversation' between the employer and employee under each heading.
Use'The CounsellingDialogue Template'as a checklist to ensure all necessary techniques are included.
You cannot use standards relating to Punctuality for your dialogue session.
2.2 You must develop an action plan (as demonstrated in the tutorial) for following up the issue with the staff member.
Section3 - 2 Tasks
3.1 Using 'Performance Appraisal Interview template' you are required to complete a fictitiousPerformanceAppraisalinterview with a classmate (the same employee you interviewed in the Recruit and Select staff roleplay).
Using the 4 standards developed in section 1, you must complete each section of the template to ensure you give the employee detailed feedback of their performance.
Be prepared to professionally justify and discuss your comments. The roleplay will have a 10 minute time allocation.
3.2 You are required to submit a written copy of the template as part of your portfolio submission.