Bitmap Join Indexes -
This feature will increase the performance and detains the size and format of your databases in data
Character Semantics and Globalization-This feature enable in prevention of storage problems that are associated with multi-byte characters sets by using character semantics while defining table columns in data.
Data Guard-As this feature is there in every database Oracle9i Data Guard is the new name for in technology advancements ofOracle8i which Standby Database inception of a large number of new advance features.
Export and Import Enhancements in Oracle9i-this is the unique feature that is there in oracle 9I to export and import enhancement through Oracle 9i, See what new functionality has been incorporated into the Export and Import utilities in Oracle9i.
Flashback Query-this feature will allow the adept and rational view of the data at an earlier or any point in time.
High Availability Enhancements in Oracle9i-By advancing the ability it detains downtime for users by adopting the new high availability features of Oracle9i.
Index Organized Table (IOT) Enhancements in Oracle9i-It gives developer a better support for secondary indexes and much improved online maintenance as heap tables.
Apart from those above, other new features are below. They are list of differences that oracle 10g have in contrast to 9i
- Major changes to SQL optimizer internals
- Oracle Grid computing
- AWR and ASH tables incorporated into Oracle Performance Pack and Diagnostic Pack options.
- Automated Session History (ASH) materializes the Oracle Wait Interface over time
- Data Pump replaces imp utility with impede databases.
- Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) which monitor databases diagnostic.
- SQLTuning Advisor(SQL integration)
- SQLAccess Advisor(Help from Database)
- Rolling database upgrades (using Oracle10g RAC)
In 2005 after the successful of oracle 19G oracles released another variant of oracle 10 G that is Oracle 10G release 2.
This is also having some alluring and unique features than oracle 10G relase1