Objectives of the sales promotion: the major objectives of the sales promotion are:
1. To increase buying response at the customers level,
2. To increase the sales effort of dealers and sales personal,d
3. To attract new customers
4. To inform the public about the new product and its special, attraction and advantages.
5. To capture the major share of the market.
6. To simply the job of the middle man
7. To meet the competition of the other firms
8. To effect off- season sales to boost the sales
9. To stock more at the level of traders, through whom aggressive sales can be effected.
10. To stimulatengeobjectives wich are derived from more basic marketing objectives developed for the product
11. the specific objectives for sales promotion very with the target market for consumers
12. Objectives inculed encourange purchase of larger size units building trialamong nonsuers and attacting switchers away from competitors brand.