Objectives of imf, Managerial Economics

Assignment Help:

Objectives of IMF

To achieve these objectives, the following conditions would have to be fulfilled: -

i.            Countries should not impose restrictions in their trade with each other.  This should encourage the growth of world trade and lead to full convertibility of currencies.

ii.           Countries should adopt the peg system of exchange rates, in which each country quotes the exchange rate of its currency in gold and thus the exchange rates between currencies can be determined.  The quoted exchanged rate is allowed to fluctuate to within 1% up and down, and the country can devalue or revalue its currency by up to 10%.  This was meant to stabilize exchange rates between currencies.

iii.         Each member state of the I.M.F should contribute to a fund to enable the I.M.F to give short-term assistance to countries having balance of payments problems. The quota contribution of the member state depends on the size of its G.D.P and its share of world trade. The member state contributed 25% of its quota in gold or convertible currency and the remaining 75% in its own currency.

iv.         A member state in balance of payments problems can borrow from the I.M.F on a short-term basis.  25% of the country's quota contribution is automatically available to it as stand-by credits.  Beyond this the country can borrow on terms dictated by the I. M. F. the country borrows by purchasing gold or convertible currency using it own currency.  The country's borrowing facility expires when the I.M.F. holds the country's currency twice the value of its quota contribution.  In paying back to the I.M.F. the country will repurchase back its currency using  gold or  convertible currency until the I.M.F holds 75% of the country's quota contribution in the country's currency.

v.          The I.M.F. reserves the right to dictate to the country borrowing from it how to govern its economy.


Related Discussions:- Objectives of imf

Show the importance of demand forecast, Q. Show the importance of Demand f...

Q. Show the importance of Demand forecast? Demand forecast for a particular commodity furthermore offers recommendations for demand forecast of associated industries. For exam

Movements along supply curve, Movements along the supply curve Movemen...

Movements along the supply curve Movements along the supply curve are brought about by changes in the price of the commodity. When price increases from P1 to P2, quant

Circular flow of income and expenditure, The Circular Flow of Income and Ex...

The Circular Flow of Income and Expenditure This is an economic model illustrating the flow of payments and receipts between domestic firms and domestic households. The househo

Availability of substitutes - determinants of demand, Q. Availability of Su...

Q. Availability of Substitutes - Determinants of Demand? One of the most important determinants of elasticity of demand for a commodity is availability of its substitutes. Clos

Accomplish the desired outcome, Suppose that the present level of income in...

Suppose that the present level of income in the economy is $700 billion. It is determined that in order to decrease the unemployment rate to the desired level, it will be essential

Managerial Economics Homework Help-Present Value, Suppose that, in their di...

Suppose that, in their divorce settlement, Ashton Kutcher offers Demi Moore $16 million spread evenly over 8 years (with the 1st payment upfront and the 2nd payment at the end of y

Marris modal, plz help tomorrow is my paper n I need help to understand thi...

plz help tomorrow is my paper n I need help to understand this topic

Electron control inc, electron control,inc.,cells voltage regulators to oth...

electron control,inc.,cells voltage regulators to other manufacturers , who then customize and distribute the products to quality assurance labs for their sensitive test equipment.

Write Your Message!

Captcha
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd