Objectives of career planning:
1. To develop an awareness of each employee's uniqueness.
2. To identify positive characteristics about the employees, which can harnessed for organizational development.
3. To identify personal qualities and events that has influenced employee's self concept.
4. To identify personal interests, abilities, strengths and weaknesses and how they relate to careers.
5. To get an understanding of the relationship b/w personality and occupational / professional goals and how they can be aligned to organizational mission and objectives.
6. To explore personal value systems of employees and how they relate to organizational culture.
7. To recognize differences in the way people see the abilities of others.
8. To foster effective team building skills.
9. To develop respect for the feelings and beliefs of others.
10. To create healthy ways of dealing with conflicts, stress, and emotions in self and others.
11. To attract, engage and retain talented professionals in the organization.
12. To develop higher motivation, commitment and competence amongst the employees.