Objective of Maintenance Management
1. Minimizing the loss of productive time because of equipment failure i, e, minimizing idle time of equipment due to break down)
2. Minimizing the repair time and repair cost.
3. Minimizing the loss due to production stoppages.
4. Efficient uses of maintenance personnel and equipments.
5. Prolonging the life of capital assets by minimizing the rate of wear and tear.
6. To keep all productive assets in good working conditions.
7. To maximize efficiency and economy in production through optimum use of facilities.
8. To minimize accidents through regular inspection and repair of safety devices.
9. To minimize the total maintenance cost which includes the cost of repair cost of preventive maintenance and inventory carrying costs due to spare parts inventory.
10. To improve the quality of products and to improve productivity .