To develop beginning skills in planning care for clients using the nursing process.
1. This assignment should be presented type written, 8 ½" x 11" white sheets ensuring that the text is double-spaced. Use one side of the paper only, leaving a 1½" space margin to the left side and 1" space margin to the right side and bottom of the page; number each page.
2. There should be an appropriately formatted cover page
3. The Care Plan should be developed using the standard format.
4. All students are expected to do a self assessment for submission along with the completed project
5. The project is expected to be submitted on the date indicated; failure to do so will result in one mark being deducted for each day thereafter.
Use the scenario given to complete the activities below
A 12 year old male child Justin is brought to the outpatient department by his mother. His mother reported that he has been weak, vomiting x 3-5 episodes/day, loose stool x 5-6 episodes/day and that he has poor appetite diet since 2 days.
On examination his temperature is 38.3oC, pulse - 96 bpm and respiration - 20 bpm. His eyes are sunken, skin warm and dry with poor turgor, conjunctival mucus membrane dry, and child is lethargic.
He was diagnosed as having Gastroenteritis.
- Isolate and document the subjective and objective data given in the scenario
- Determine two priority needs for this child and justify why you think they are a priority.
- Write two actual nursing diagnoses and one risk diagnosis for Justin.
- Develop a plan of care using any of the actual Nursing Diagnoses identified in (C) above. The plan should be complete with the relevant assessment data, matching nursing diagnosis, patient objective, at least five nursing interventions with rationale, and evaluation.