New Assembly Buildings:
184.108.40.206 The requirements of this chapter shall apply to new buildings or portions thereof used as an assembly occupancy.
220.127.116.11 Simultaneous Occupancy. Exits shall be sufficient for simultaneous occupancy of both the assembly occupancy and other parts of the building, except where the
authority having jurisdiction determines that the conditions are such that simultaneous occupancy will not occur.
12.1.6 Minimum Construction Requirements. Assembly occupancies shall be limited to
the building construction types specified in Table 12.1.6, based on the number of stories in height as defined in 4.6.3, unless otherwise permitted by the following: (1) This requirement shall not apply to outdoor grandstands of Type I or Type II construction.
(2) This requirement shall not apply to outdoor grandstands of Type III, Type IV, or
Type V construction that meet the requirements of 12.4.8.
(3) This requirement shall not apply to grandstands of non-combustible construction supported by the floor in a building meeting the construction requirements of Table
(4) This requirement shall not apply to assembly occupancies within mall buildings in accordance with 36.4.4.
18.104.22.168 General. The occupant load, in number of persons for whom means of egress
and other provisions are required, shall be determined on the basis of the occupant load factors of Table 22.214.171.124 that are characteristic of the use of the space or shall be determined as the maximum probable population of the space under consideration, whichever is greater.
126.96.36.199.1 In areas not in excess of 930 m2, the occupant load shall not exceed one person in 0.46 m2.
188.8.131.52.2 In areas in excess of 930 m2, the occupant load shall not exceed one person in 0.65 m2.
184.108.40.206 Waiting Spaces. In theaters and other assembly occupancies where persons are admitted to the building at times when seats are not available, or when the
permitted occupant load has been reached based on 220.127.116.11 and persons are allowed to wait in a lobby or similar space until seats or space is available, all of the following
requirements shall apply:
(1) Such use of a lobby or similar space shall not encroach upon the required clear width of exits.
(2) The waiting spaces shall be restricted to areas other than the required means of egress.
(3) Exits shall be provided for the waiting spaces on the basis of one person for each 0.28 m2 of waiting space area.