Steps for National Competitive Bidding (NCB)
Similar to ICB, we have two ways involved in NCB: one with pre-qualification, another without prequalification. Steps for NCB are essentially the same as of ICB and are reproduced hereunder.
Works with pre-qualification
The following are the essential steps:
1. Notify and advertise for submission of pre-qualification applications by the prospective bidders.
2. Issue/sale of pre-qualification documents.
3. Collect pre-qualification applications by the prospective bidders.
4. Open the pre-qualification applications.
5. Evaluate the pre-qualification applications.
6. Prepare the list of pre-qualified bidders.
7. Issue of the bidding document to the pre-qualified bidders.
8. Collect bids by pre-qualified bidders.
9. Evaluate the bids.
10. Select the lowest evaluated responsive bid.
11. Award and sign contract agreement with the selected contractor.
12. Contract accomplished by the Contractor.
Works and goods without pre-qualification
Following are the essential steps that you must follow:
1. Notify and advertise.
2. Issue/sale of the bidding document to the prospective bidders.
3. Collect bids by prospective bidders.
4. Evaluate of the bids.
5. Select lowest evaluated responsive bid.
6. Award and sign the agreement with the selected Contractor/ Supplier.
7. Contract accomplished by the Contractor/Supplier