Muscular tissue in general develops from the mesoderm of the embryo but the muscles of the iris of the eye and myoepithelial cells of the salivary, mammary and sweat glands arise from the ectoderm of the embryo.
GENERAL STRUCTURE -
FUNCTIONS OF MUSCULAR TISSUE -
1. It brings about movements of the body parts and locomotion of the individual.
2. Muscles are responsible for peristalsis in tubular viscera, heart beat, production of sound, etc.
3. Facial expression also depends on muscles.
4. It supports the bones and other structures.
5. Muscles are required for delivering a baby.