Motivation - Behavioural Aspects of Standards
Variance analysis and standards setting requires to be carried out like it motivates managers and other employees. It should not create adverse and resentment reactions. To achieve motivational effects, the process should be like:
2. One that encourages responsibility and initiative;
3. One that is not seen like a mere pressure device
4. Should be objective and uniformly applied to all
5 .Carried out in time.
6. One that provides fair feedback to the employees, pointing out areas of negative and positive performance.
7. Well linked to the penalty- reward system that is the positive performance is rewarded while negative performance is punished or accurate to enhance positive performance.