Minerals and trace elements, Biology

Minerals and Trace Elements

Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen are the most common elements that make up 96% of the total weight of a mammal. The next most abundant elements are calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, sodium, chlorine and magnesium. These make up nearly the remaining 4%.

Fifteen additional elements are required but their total combined amount in mammalian body is less than 0.01% of the body weight. Of the known 90 naturally occurring elements how many are essential for life? This is not known for many animals. In humans 26 elements are known to be necessary.

Posted Date: 1/15/2013 4:15:09 AM | Location : United States







Related Discussions:- Minerals and trace elements, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Minerals and trace elements, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Minerals and trace elements Discussions

Write discussion on Minerals and trace elements
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
Nature of Stress - Responses of Plants to Stress As mentioned in the preceding section, stress can be considered as any deviation in environmental condition from optimal for t

What is reflexive memory? Reflexive memory relies on the cerebellum and amygdala. Compare among aerobic respiration and anaerobic respiration. Aerobic respiration happens in th

Mas s Extinction - Since beginning many species evolved and got extinct (in fact only 1 % is living). Sometimes it occured suddenly at large scale, (most recently dinosa

Explain Requirements for Simple Staining of Bacterial Cultures Culture: 24 hours bacterial culture of E. coli and Bacillus on nutrient agar or in broth. Reagents: Methylene

Q. What is the criterion used to classify hosts as intermediate hosts or as definitive hosts? The criterion used to categorize hosts as intermediate hosts or as definitive host

Which are the characteristics and organs of the digestive system of earthworms related to the type of diet of these animals? Earthworms eat decomposing organic material and sma

HEMICELLULOSE It consists of mannose, galactose, arabinose & xylose. It is a structural polysaccharide which helps in formation of cell wall. Maximum quantity of hemic

K.L. is a 30-year-old Caucasian male was brought to Emergency Department (ED) after a bicycle accident.  He was hit from behind by a compact car traveling at 35 miles per hour.  On

Which of the following is true for ventilation? A. Interneurons responsible for generating the rhythm of ventilation are located only in the hypothalamus. B. All the central

What are hexoses? What are some examples of hexoses with important biological functions? Hexoses are carbohydrates made of six carbons. Glucose, fructose and galactose are inst