1. Noise producing industries, railway stations, and aerodromes should be located away from the residential areas.
2. Check on the traffic in the residential colonies.
3. Industries must take up necessary steps to control noise.
4. Noisy automobiles should be condemned.
5. Trees absorb noise and thus reduce noise pollution. So thick vegetation must be grown around industries, cities and on the sides of road.
6. Loud speakers and entertainment gadgets should be set at a low sound.
7. Persons working in noisy installations should be provided with protective devices, such as ear plugs and ear muffs.
8. There should be strict legislation to restrict the noise pollution.